3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2015 8:28 PM by TJGSling RSS

Chromecast unable to connect (2) error

ACC6374766

I upgraded to a slingbox M1 a few months back solely so I could use it with my chromecast. It worked perfectly for a month or two but then i started getting an error that says "unable to connect (2)". This happens every single time i attempt to connect. All other apps such as youtube, hbo, netflix stream to my chromecast perfectly so it is not a connection problem. Furthermore, my phones and tablets are able to stream the content on slingbox but the hand off from the phone to my TV results in an error. This has been broken for months and I am convinced it is the result of a back end error with the slingbox chromecast protocol. PLEASE FIX

If anyone has a work around or solution to get it to connect please let me know.

• Re: Chromecast unable to connect (2) error
          TJGSling

Having the exact same problem, and YES I HAVE ENABLED PORT FORWARDING (5301)....I do not seem to have a problem casting local (same router as the sling box), but it doesnt work remote.  Every other app, NetFlix, YouTube, etc., works.  SlingBox remote does no...the main reason I bought both the SLINGBOX and the app......I agree, please fix

Larsondm28

I had this problem as well. The easy fix is to buy a Roku. Sucks to have to spend more money, but I love the Roku way better than the chromecast

TJGSling

The frustrating part of this for me is that the actual Slingbox (M1) works great with the Slingplayer to my IPad/IPhone....however casting to the Chromecast doesn't seem to work remote and my purpose for buying both of these items, plus $32 for Slingplayer(2) apps was for traveling and being able to watch "hometown" TV.  Since my Chromecast works great with everything else I've tried it with, I must believe that the problem is on the Slingplayer interface with Chromecast.  Again, $16 each per app is not what I would think of as a "cheapo" app....looks like they could/would support it accordingly.

I have already ordered the Roku, and will keep the Chromecast hoping that Slingbox/Slingplayer can get their act together....there appears to be way too many people having this problem!!!

Thanks for the Reply