11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2015 6:12 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

remote tv button

PCcream627

Im still wait for to answer question that i put out there. the remote will not  turn off my cable box or put it on. it does every thing else  I have a Rcn premiere quad  box.  I have a sling box pro hd. When i update the app all of  this started . Before i did the update the  tv remote work good.  I was able to turn off and on the cable  box  I like to know if there are tech support people on this site to help me with my problem that I'm having with my  tv remote.  If I'm not home and someone turn off the cable box off and i want to watch the sling box some were else i can't because the cable box is off and i can't turn it back on. When i hit the tv button on the remote it doen't work. the buttom is highlight in green. Before i update the tv remote  button wasn't in green. Can you get one of your tech  to fix this problem with a  new update. Please i like to know if it's possible for them to fix this problem.

• Re: remote tv button
          alanrichey42 Master

Unfortunately this isn't a support forum, it is a community forum for users to discuss problems and possibly provide answers.   If you need tech support I am afraid you will have to pay for it.

PCcream627

but no one in the community is help me.

alanrichey42 Master

I beg to differ.   You have 5 different threads running on this subject and I have tried to help on each and every one.  Unfortunately you never seem to answer my questions.   For example. I am still waiting for you to tell me what device you select when you run the 'Configure Inputs' routine.  And although I don't know much about the Tivo I am still convinced that the 'TV Power' button you refer to is one on the normal Tivo remote that is programmed to turn your TV on and off and has nothing to do with switching the Tivo box on and off.    Isn't that done by tapping on the Tivo button ?

evan.sling Novice

Hi Stuart!

Your issue of not being able to control your Tivo box is likely being caused by one of two things:

1) The virtual remote commands, sent through the infrared (IR) cables are not reaching your cable box.

2) The vitrual remote itself isn't programmed correctly in the Slingbox.

First, let's address the IR cables.  Here are a couple articles to help you make sure everything is all set as far as your IR cables are concerned:

If you follow those above articles, and your virtual remote still does not work, you'll want to try reconfiguring your virtual remote, making sure you select the correct model Tivo box.  Here is an article on doing this (Scroll down to the "For earlier Slingbox models" section):

Hope this helps!

-Evan

alanrichey42 Master

Evan.  You misunderstand the problem.  Not surprising if you haven't read the other 5 threads that Stuart has posted on the subject.   He can control his Tivo box perfectly well, with the exception of switching the Tivo on and off.    He tells us that previously, if he used the TV Power button on the virtual remote then that used to turn the cable box on and off.   I find this a bit odd as although I am not familiar with Tivo boxes I thought the TV Power button was something you programmed to operate your TV to avoid having to use 2 remotes.   As such I would not expect it to work.    And I thought Tivo boxes were on all the time but you switched from standby using the Tivo button.

I am awaiting clarification from Stuart.

PCcream627

this how use the config imput there are  pictures to show you what i did

step file:///var/folders/bn/bh5z1w397rjfxf5fl9t8sdg40000gp/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_0011-1.JPG

file:///var/folders/bn/bh5z1w397rjfxf5fl9t8sdg40000gp/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/imagejpeg-1.jpg

file:///var/folders/bn/bh5z1w397rjfxf5fl9t8sdg40000gp/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/imagejpeg-3.jpg

file:///var/folders/bn/bh5z1w397rjfxf5fl9t8sdg40000gp/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/imagejpeg-2.jpg

file:///var/folders/bn/bh5z1w397rjfxf5fl9t8sdg40000gp/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/imagejpeg-1.jpg

you will see my remote.. what every remote i choose the tv button don't work to  turn off and on. the rcn preieme quad box. i just to say my sister has cable vision and her remote can turn off and on her cable box