13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2010 3:12 PM by ranaleon RSS

Cannot keep connection on Moto Droid

rfillak

I cannot keep a connection on my droid for more than 5 minutes.  I get the error message, "Connection failed.  Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the internet."  If I unistall and reinstall the software I can go for about 30 minutes on the first shot then down to 5 minutes again. It works perfectly for the 5 minutes and it connects everytime with no issue.  Sling tech support thinks that verizon is killing the internet connection because of the amount of bandwidth that is being used.  I called verizon and they claim that they do not do this in any way.

Thanks,

Rich

• Re: Cannot keep connection on Moto Droid
          ndoren Newbie

Rich,

Are you connecting via cellular broadband connection (3G) or instead WiFi?    If 3G (which I assume, based on your post), do you have the same results using WiFi?

I connect reliably with a Motorola Droid on Verizon.  So, I know it's possible, and that Verizon doesn't cut the connection. At least not mine.

rfillak

Here is another wierd thing I can still control my directv box after the video stops.  With the frozen screen on my phone if I turn on the TV that is connected to the slingbox and hit menu then guide the guide pops up on the screen.  I can scroll up and down change the channel it just won't send video to my phone.

saint76

I have this same problem with my brand new Droid X....this is a app problem....maybe 3g goes  into sleep mode or something? My Blackberry works great on same equipment and network

ACC290075 Newbie

I didn't see this thread originally and started another, but my HTC Hero does exactly like the complaint here. When first installed, I left it on for 4 hours to see how long the battery would last. After then, it barely if ever makes 5 minutes. I can uninstall and re-install and it works a little longer as described here, but then goes back to a few minutes at a time.  The picture freezes for another few minutes, then I get the message described above. Like someone else mentioned, my remote will still allow me to change channels (I see them change on my base set). I have never been able to get a picture on 3G, just a strong wifi.

ACC290075 Newbie

Is it coincidental that 2 days after I buy the Sling Player Mobile, and have installed and reinstalled the software on the phone and on my Slingbox numerous times, that all of a sudden I notice only one red light on my Slingbox.  Now I cannot connect at all. How can I wipe my PC clean  and start over? Now I get to one step in the installation, it says it cannot find my Slingbox, and that's the end. Help!!!