35 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2016 8:47 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Can't change channels anymore

Yellowayne
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I can no longer change channels

Everything was working fine until yesterday (6/24). I view my slingbox SOLO using the Chrome extension web based version. The video works fine. I contacted someone where my slingbox is set up, channels can be changed within the home network. For some reason it won't let me change channels using interview viewing.

I have Comcast cable in the Bay Area. Please help!

• Re: Can't change channels anymore
          alanrichey42 Master

'interview viewing' ?   Auto-correct strikes again

Do you mean that someone using Slingplayer and operating the virtual remote on their laptop/PC/mobile device at the Slingbox location can change channels OK, but if you access it from a remote location using a laptop/PC/mobile platform and try and use the virtual remote then it does not change channels ?   (I warn you in advance that is almost impossible)

I have the same exact problem and not able to find the fix.  Hoping you figured it out or someone can help.  Same situation..I didn't touch the IR blaster either.  The box just suddenly stopped changing channels same time as yours.

Fred

humvet

Has anyone tested the IR blaster on a dvd player or other hardware to confirm that the IR works? If so then we can at least rule out the IR blaster.

Same problem here in Atlanta. Here is how I fixed it. Figure out how to access the setup feature on the Comcast remote. Choose diagnostics, device information, I found that it has changed to   PACE DTA    Next I went to slingbox setup and reconfigured IR from DC50X to PACE profile and I'm back in business.

Best of luck, cmiller

I am another Bay Area Slingbox user (HD PRO) and the IR just stopped.  I bought a new IR from Slingmedia, and I only get channel 0 and 8, and it mutes.  I am really bummed.  Ideally it would be nice is Slingmedia can produce updated firmware to fix these issues.  I know it isn't the new IR I just bought.

Yellowayne

Sorry for the MIA to all the posts.

It's interesting to hear that others are also having the same problem, which tells me there is probably more than just 4 people experiencing this issue. Slingbox does not offer free customer support. They don't have the reputation of providing great customer service, or any customer service. I'm not surprised only a few of us decided to post the issue here in the Community Form.

Back to the issue, sounds like Cathy confirmed the exact same issue I'm having - only the Info, 8, 0 and Mute buttons work. Perhaps there is some sort of compatibility issue after Comcast rolled out the new channel guide user interface. I have not tried the custom remote installation workaround solution. This is an issue that Slingbox developers need to address, either roll out a patch or firmware update. Users shouldn't have to go through any sort of custom/manual installation to make their product work. The fact is all of our products worked fine until the SlingPlayer Chrome Browser update and/or the Xfinity channel user interface update.

I'm very frustrated and disappointed at the fragmentation of the Slingbox hardware and software. I've been using Slingbox since the first ever Slingbox classic when I was in college. I miss those days when there was 1 product and 1 software, both worked perfectly fine for years.

alanrichey42 Master

I have not tried the custom remote installation workaround solution. This is an issue that Slingbox developers need to address, either roll out a patch or firmware update. Users shouldn't have to go through any sort of custom/manual installation to make their product work.

Although there are thousands of possible combinations of IR signals, at the end of the day it is just a stream of 1s & 0s so it is quite possible that by a coincidence the Info, 0 & 8 commands work (ignore the Mute that is not relevant).  But if you are not prepared to go down the Custom Remote route there is nothing I can do to help.   But I can tell you that you will wait forever for Sling to fix anything.

krazzidogg

The custom listed above fixes it.   Comcast DCI105COM1

Comcast "updated" or "upgraded" my DTA and it too quit working today.   Only a few bottoms worked.

Changing to Custom from DC50X made remote function again.  

I believe it is change done by Comcast to the DTA not a Slingbox issue.   Maybe they have been rolling these "updates" across the country.