1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2015 12:31 PM by evan.sling RSS

Slingbox not streaming on any browser.

ACC5251516

Macbook Pro > 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo / 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 / OS 10.7.5

doesn't seem to allow Slingbox to stream on any browser (including specified Safari & Firefox). I have downloaded the plugin/extension 505, 540, & 565 and no browser recognizes plugins. Gets to "Refreshing …" AND NOTHING. I have the Slingbox app for LG tablet (GooglePlay), iPad mini 3, and iPhone6+ which all seem to stream fine. What is the deal? I am "Out of Warranty" and there is a $30 charge for help … I think I've spent enough money already & don't expect too much by asking for the stream to work on my LAPTOP! Would greatly appreciate response and helpful resolution. Thanks

• Re: Slingbox not streaming on any browser.
          evan.sling Novice

Hi Marc!

Sorry you're experiencing issues streaming on the laptop.  Given that it works fine on other devices, troubleshooting should be focused towards the computer that has the issue streaming.

The first thing I notice is that the computer is running OS 10.7.5.  That is no longer an operating system that our plugin supports.  I would first consider upgrading the OS to 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite).

Also, I would make sure the browser doesn't have any updates as well.  If the browser version is out of date, it is also known to cause this kind of issue.

Here is an article depicting which version browsers are supported with which operating systems:

Hope this helps!

-Evan