7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2015 4:35 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up?

rayk48035
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have had my slingbox for about seven years. It works great. Model SB240-100

I have a new TV cable box (Arris MP 2000) and a Netgear Wireless Router N300 (WNR2000)

Neither of these is listed in the set up software for my slingbox.

How do I do the set up?

• Re: Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up?
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model numbers in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then for the remote check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

• Re: Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up?
              rayk48035

Alan:Thank you.That will solve the remote problem.First, I have to solve the problem of my Netgear model not being shown. So, it comes back that I am not connected.(I had a good connection, but reset the Slingbox because I could not get the remote to work.The key is, I have an Arris cable box and an Arris remote.Ray

To: Raymond Kraemer <raymond_f_kraemer@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2015 7:03 AM

Subject: Re:  - Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up?

Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up?

reply from alanrichey42 in Raymond Kraemer - View the full discussionI assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model numbers in case other people have already answered your question ? If so and that didn't help then for the remote check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363 Come back if it that doesn't help either. Al

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Raymond Kraemer by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up? in these streams: Inbox

alanrichey42 Master

I'm not actually sure what you mean about your router.  I don't recall ever having to select the router model.   Can you be a bit more specific as to what you are doing and what isn't working as you expected ?    And as much information as possible, for example, you haven't told us the Slingbox model or what software you are using to set it up.  It's difficult to help unless you tell us everything.

rayk48035

Alan;I am using Slingbox Model: SB240-100 (2008 model).I recently updated my cable service. I now have an Arris MP2000 cable box and an Arris remote.To updated my slingbox to do use these, I had to reset it.That caused a problem because my wireless router, a Netgear N300 (WRN 2000) model, does not show up in the slingbox list when I tried to reconfigure my slingbox software from scratch.So, right now, my first problem is trying to get the slingbox configured wityh my wireless router.Once I get that done, I will then use the information that you previously sent to me to get the remote to work.Thank you.Ray

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2015 9:13 AM

Subject: Re:  - Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up?

reply from alanrichey42 in Raymond Kraemer - View the full discussionI'm not actually sure what you mean about your router.  I don't recall ever having to select the router model.   Can you be a bit more specific as to what you are doing and what isn't working as you expected ?    And as much information as possible, for example, you haven't told us the Slingbox model or what software you are using to set it up.  It's difficult to help unless you tell us everything.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Neither my router model nor my cable box model are listed in the slingbox software. How do I do the set up? in these streams: Inbox

alanrichey42 Master

OK, actually none of my routers have ever appeared in the supported list, but as I recall that was never a problem, all I had to do was do the port forwarding manually.   Unfortunately the AV model (nobody ever talks about the code numbers) is positively ancient, and not supported by Sling anymore so you won't get any help from them.    And I have never set one of those up, but I have done a Classic a few years ago and I think they are the same.

And you still haven't told us what you are using to do the setup.  The desktop software or just a browser ?

Remember no-one here is psychic.  The ONLY way we can help is if you talk us through each step so we can see what is happening and maybe try it on our systems.   Just saying you have a problem with the configuration is no use at all.   It's a bit like telling a car mechanic "My car won't start, what is the problem?"

So happy to help but you have to help us.

rayk48035

Alan;I am using Google for my browser.1 am using the original Slingbox set up software and just following the setps.Ray

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2015 12:12 PM

reply from alanrichey42 in Raymond Kraemer - View the full discussionOK, actually none of my routers have ever appeared in the supported list, but as I recall that was never a problem, all I had to do was do the port forwarding manually.   Unfortunately the AV model (nobody ever talks about the code numbers) is positively ancient, and not supported by Sling anymore so you won't get any help from them.    And I have never set one of those up, but I have done a Classic a few years ago and I think they are the same. And you still haven't told us what you are using to do the setup.  The desktop software or just a browser ? Remember no-one here is psychic.  The ONLY way we can help is if you talk us through each step so we can see what is happening and maybe try it on our systems.   Just saying you have a problem with the configuration is no use at all.   It's a bit like telling a car mechanic "My car won't start, what is the problem?"  So happy to help but you have to help us.