3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2015 3:42 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Watching remotely but also changing channels at home

ACC535372

Can anyone tell me where did it set it up wrongly?

since i was watching remotely outside but it changes channels at home too.

help!

• Re: Watching remotely but also changing channels at home
          alanrichey42 Master

You must be using the same TV source (cable/satellite) for both your Home TV and the Slingbox.  If you want to watch different channels you need 2 TV sources.

Or do you have 2 sources but the IR blaster is affecting both boxes ?   Your post doesn't make it clear.

ACC535372

Sorry for not clear situation.

Here is my setup

Cable/Sat -> Recorder (Sharp BD-HDW43) -> output 1. HDMI to AV receiver (ONKYO TX-NR636) -> TV

--------------------------------> output 2. RCA to Slingbox350

I actually bought slingbo350 HD converter version, but due to no extra HDMI output and i need to keep that for Audio so using RCA now. Or if you might know how to set it up? i have tried but failed many times.

I couldn't figure out why it keep changing channels while remoting.

alanrichey42 Master

You appear to be using the output from the recorder to feed both the TV and the Slingbox.   So when you change channels using the Slingbox then you are actually changing the channel on the recorder (or the cable/sat) so that will automatically change the channel on the TV as well. 

Why do you think you can view 2 different channels ?    If you were using the RCA output to feed a second TV you wouldn't expect to view a different channel would you ?