1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 17, 2015 8:33 AM by evan.sling RSS

Will my Slingbox Solo work with Xfinity X1 DVR?

Whit49

Currently have a Slingbox Solo connected via Component cables on Xfinity Cisco RNG200N DVR box (works perfectly).  I am planning to upgrade my DVR to the new X1 DVR also using Component cables.  Will I be able to set up and use my Slingbox Solo on the new X1 DVR with my Laptop, iPhone, and iPad?  Issue is that I was told that the the new style remote to control the X1 DVR system is not available as a selected remote device when setting up the Slingbox?  Can anyone provide comment?

• Re: Will my Slingbox Solo work with Xfinity X1 DVR?
          evan.sling Novice

Hi William!

It is very likely that you will be able to configure your Slingbox with the new X1 DVR box.  You may not even need to reconfigure a new virtual remote, as the RNG remotes tend to work with the X1 boxes already.  If you do need to reconfigure the remote though, just follow the process you find in this article:

When you search for your cable box's model number using the process in the article, simply type "X1" (without the quotes) into the search field, and it'll bring up a couple remotes that should work (likely ones that look more like the "new" remote you get).

I haven't come across a situation yet where we could not get a Slingbox to work with an X1 box.  You should be good to go

Hope this helps!  Let us know if you come across any issues.

-Evan