1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2015 6:03 PM by evan.sling RSS

SlingPlayer Web Plug-in... freeze

TJDonnell

I have a brand new PC in my home office.  This is my first Slingbox 350.  I have watched the videos and followed the instructions.

When I got to watch.slingbox.com, choose my country, log in, then I get an 'initializing' black screen which freezes.  If I stop the page and/or refresh, it takes me to a screen I recognize from the YouTube videos where I need to accept the terms and conditions of the new Sling-Player Web Plug-In.  Well, it just freezes and no matter how many times I click 'I Accept' it never does anything else.

I have read the forums, and many others for the last 4 hours and will give this forum a try before I throw this thing on Ebay and go another direction, never to return.  Beyond frustrated at this point.  I have tried everything I have read, cleared caches, reset router/slingbox/modem/PC/browser.

I have tried on Chrome and it says it's not supported with contradicts what I read in this very forum in a thread from a Dev 4 months ago.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

• Re: SlingPlayer Web Plug-in... freeze
          evan.sling Novice

Hi TJDonnell!

The issue you are experiencing (at least its resolution) likely lies somewhere in the computer or browser.  I thought I would drop by and give you .  After each step, try installing the plugin again and see if it works.

• Refresh the page and see what happens

• Make sure the browser is up-to-date, and the operating system is supported

Here is an article that will show you which browsers and operating systems we support for the plugin:  Slingbox.com - What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

• Uninstall and reinstall the plugin

Here is an article that should help you accomplish this:  Slingbox.com - Installing/removing browser plug-in for Watch on Slingbox.com

• Quit and relaunch the browser

• Restart the computer

• Clear your browser cache and cookies

• Check network security settings - try disabling any firewalls you might find in the router where you are.

• Check antivirus settings - Antivirus software can certainly have an effect on the smooth operation of our web plugin.  If you are able and/or willing, I would consider disabling the antivirus software and seeing if that helps at all.

• Change computer security settings (primarily for IE) - This entails things like Windows Firewall, or any other security settings that may be adjusted in the computer.

If none of these things work, try it using a different supported browser.  Also, a possible workaround may be to use our standalone desktop player.  You can download the one appropriate for your computer at slingbox.com/m1setup.  (NOTE, this website will congratulate you for purchasing a Slingbox M1.  Don't worry about that, just proceed to download Slingplayer for Desktop)

Hope you found this helpful!

-Evan