10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2015 4:37 PM by evan.sling RSS

Slingbox 350 White Screen

Phantomoto0046

When I connect to Slingbox on my computer, it tries to load but almost immediately goes to a white screen and stays there.  This just started after months of working properly.  I am using an HP desktop computer with Windows Vista OS and Internet Explorer.  I have tried rebooting the cable box, the slingbox unit and the computer and still have the problem.  Another computer logging in works fine.

• Re: Slingbox 350 White Screen
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello!

What I would suggest would be to first completely uninstall and reinstall the plugin from the browser the computer you are seeing the issue on.  I'll link an article below, just in case you need the exact steps:

Please restart the computer after the plugin has been installed again if you see the issue continue after. Just in case you're still seeing the issue after following those steps, please download the Desktop Player for your computer from the link below. This will be right below the Web Plugin options:

The Desktop Player has been approved for viewing on each unit; you will just not be able to make any modifications (remote changes, factory resets, et cetera) from this player.

I hope this helps!!

--Samantha

Phantomoto0046

Samantha,

I did the uninstall as per directions, then tried to do the reinstall, however I have the same issue.  The install tries to begin, then goes to a white screen and stays there.  I cannot install the desktop player because as I said I have Windows Vista, and the player will not install on anything below Windows 7.

Jeffrey McBride, PMP

jeffmcbride@comcast.net

(732) 390-0046 (home)

(908) 705-1610 (cell)

MNBlue

I have the same issue. I have also completed the IE reset process without success.

evan.sling Novice

Hi Phantomoto0046!

The same thing that is keeping the Slingplayer for Desktop application from installing is likely keeping the Slingplayer for Web plugin from working properly as well.  Our web plugin is only supported to work on Windows 7 or above for Windows computers.  Now, that's not to say that the plugin for sure will not work on Vista, but we can no longer guarantee it will work as intended, and I definitely think that is why the plugin is giving you that white screen.  Here is a quick article that shows the browsers and operating systems supported for the Slingplayer for Web plugin:

There might be another way for you to view the Slingbox on Vista.  We don't currently support this Embedded Slingplayer either, but it's worth a shot:

Otherwise, your best bet to connect to the Slingbox from that computer is to update it to Windows 7 or above.

Hope this helps!

-Evan

MNBlue

Thanks Evan,

To confirm, the workstation in question is Windows 7 that is fully updated.

Although the desktop application may be a workaround for some, this isn't an option for me given this is a corporate workstation.

evan.sling Novice

Hi Steve!

In your case, it could be a number of things.  The majority of the troubleshooting you can do in response to this issue is located in this article here (:

A couple more things to consider:

-Make sure you have Protected Mode turned off in IE.

-If there are firewalls at your workstation that prevent you from downloading the Slingplayer for Desktop application, it is possible those firewalls may be keeping some part of our web plugin from functioning properly as well.  I would not know specifically what kinds of firewalls result in these kinds of issues, but it is something to be aware of.

Hope all this is helpful!

-Evan