4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2015 7:41 PM by bladerunner RSS

HDMI Splitter on Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR

pljbfseo
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Has anyone used an HDMI splitter (Gang Hu or other) on this particular set top box?  Sling Media sells the Gang Hu product -- but they don't warrant that it will work with all set top boxes.  Looking for a suggested solution that will likely work the FIRST TIME.  Thanks.

• Re: HDMI Splitter on Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello!

I've worked with quite a few people who have used the Gang-Hu HDMI splitter without an issue, but if you're using a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC, this should also have Component ports rather than just HDMI. If you replace the HDMI with Component, you aren't losing and quality and you get to avoid the HDCP/SOC issues all together.

I hope this helps!!

--Samantha

• Re: HDMI Splitter on Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR
              pljbfseo

I'm not sure I follow your comment.  Are you suggesting I NOT buy buy the HDMI splitter in instead buy a second set of component cords and use that to feed the signal from my Slingbox to my TV? 

If not, just what are you suggesting?

Thanks.

To: pljbfseo <steinboc@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 2:26 PM

Subject: Re:  - HDMI Splitter on Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR

HDMI Splitter on Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR

reply from Samantha.Sling in pljbfseo - View the full discussionHello! I've worked with quite a few people who have used the Gang-Hu HDMI splitter without an issue, but if you're using a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC, this should also have Component ports rather than just HDMI. If you replace the HDMI with Component, you aren't losing and quality and you get to avoid the HDCP/SOC issues all together. I hope this helps!!--Samantha

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in pljbfseo by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following HDMI Splitter on Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC DVR in these streams: Inbox