6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2015 8:28 AM by Samantha.Sling RSS

Set-Up of M1 or 500

chashocq

I currently have a PRO-HD that is not working. I will be installing either a M1 or 500 in the coming days, and need a few answers regarding the set-up. At present, I am working out of Canada, and the slingbox will be installed at my home. Is it possible to do the set-up at home, then I can access the slingbox from my remote location? If yes, what needs to be done? And if not possible, what are my alternatives?

chashocq@icloud.com

• Re: Set-Up of M1 or 500
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello!

You do have to setup the Slingbox from the home location, though both products have slightly different setup processes. However, once this is setup at the home location, you can access this from a computer or mobile device from anywhere with a decent internet connection. I've placed an FAQ article for the setup process below, just in case.

I hope this helps!!

--Samantha

chashocq

Samantha,

Thanks for your prompt reply. To be clear, MY laptop is not required for the set-up, another computer is OK, & I will then be able to access the box.

Charles Hocquard

Sent from my iPhone

No problem. Also, that is correct; the Slingbox can be setup using a different computer and you will just need to download the Desktop Player on your own laptop so that you can stream after.

--Samantha

chashocq

Samantha,

As you are the most helpful advice I have received thus far, I hav

Charles Hocquard

Sent from my iPhone

chashocq

Samantha,

Forget the last e-mail, obviously I hit the wrong button. I was saying I had another issue to consider, seeing as how you are most helpful.

My Pro-HD is not working, now approx 3 weeks. The box itself indicates all is good, network and power lights are solid, and streaming is ready. However, when I try logging on, I am asked for a PW. But the system does not accept the PW. I have tried deleting & re-naming (new set-up), several times, with new sling box name & PW, but without success. This is why I am considering the new sling box. Do you have any suggestion for me?

Charles Hocquard

Sent from my iPhone

Hey! I am happy I was able to help before and, sorry for the delay (I wasn't here the past two days) , but I do know how to fix the issue you're running into.

The password this is asking for is the "Admin Password". This is something that is pretty easy to forget as you would have created this when you first setup the Slingbox and may have not used it since. I would try and use the word "admin" to see if this works. If this doesn't work though, you'll have to factory reset the Slingbox and setup a new one. I'll place an article below that has the steps to do this.

I hope this helps!!

--Samantha