5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2010 2:52 PM by eferz RSS

no matter which slingbox i pick in the directory it uses the same one

clemsonlogo

i just added a 2nd slingbox to my house, but on the iphone app "slingplayer mobile" it will only load up one slingbox even tho there is two boxes in my directory, no matter which one i click it always loads up the same one... if i go on computer or labtop it works the way it should switching between the two boxes...

i even made a 2nd slingbox account and removed one of the boxes off the first account, when i login into either my phones and computers slingbox player it only shows one box in the directory. the computer still goes to the right box but my iphone still loads the wrong box. A box that isnt even in the directory anymore...

Any help would be nice

• Re: no matter which slingbox i pick in the directory it uses the same one
          eferz Expert

That sounds very odd.  Sounds like the Slingplayer Mobile for iPhone is actually still connecting to the original account.  It is possible there's a corruption in your plist file.  The only way to delete that file without jailbreaking the iPhone is to delete the software.  Elect to delete the "Slingplayer" to also delete all of its data.  Once it has been deleted, reboot the iPhone, and reinstall the software from iTunes App Store.

clemsonlogo

but really i doubt this will help my problem... in this house we have two iphones and a droid each with slingplayer, which is why we got a 2nd box, but we have the same problem on each one of the three phones, even the droid's slingplayer does it,

And its the newest slingbox that loads up everytime not the older one...

would you think the software is corrupted in both iphones and the Droid?

as much as ive messed around i feel like it has to be a problem slingbox has to handle, i mean i can log into a account and it loads up a box thats isnt even on the directory but on the labtop it works like it should... so i have to believe its a Slingplayer mobile app problem

but my phone is jailbroken and with ifile so what would you say i do to remove the corrupted plist file? its worth a try

olinskyn Newbie

It might have something to do with how your home router is setup. If you only have one external IP address and both slingboxes use the same port, Your router is not going to know which box to connect to and is probably just choosing the first it sees. Try setting the port of one of the slingboxes to a different port number and see if that helps.