2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2015 11:12 AM by smeadows RSS

M1 US vs UK Cables

smeadows

Hi All,

I bought an M! in the US a few months ago before they launched here. Does anyone know if the US one comes with a different set of connections cables than the UK one?

I can set it up but okay but with just a black and white picture is available. My TV is connected via HDMI to my Sky+ HD box, but the cable colours don't seem to match on the Sky box to what came with the M1 bought in the US. Any help would be great!

Cheers

Stephen

• Re: M1 US vs UK Cables
          alanrichey42 Master

As far as I know there is no such thing as a UK M1.   If there was the only different cables would be the addition of a SCART > Composite converter.

What outputs do you have on the back of your Sky Box ?   If it's like mine then it just has the HDMI output and 2 SCART sockets.   In this case you have 2 choices:

1.  If you must stream HD you will have to buy an extra box that will take the HDMI signal, strip out the HDCP and output in HDMI for the TV and component video format (Red/Green/Blue) for input to the Slingbox.  We know the HD Fury works (although it costs more than the Slingbox) and Sling have given their approval to a Chinese one.  Check out Slingbox.com - Buy Slingbox Accessories (Although frustratingly you have to switch your location, top right of screen, to the USA to see the page).

Later:   Just seen this as a recommendation:  Amazon.com: ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D | VHD-1X2MN3D: Electronics

Even Later:  Just realised this won't work with the M1, it is only suitable for the 500

2.  My solution:  Accept you can stream only in SD, buy a SCART > Composite converter like this and use the Composite (Yellow) video input and the analog audio (Red/White) input

image1.jpg

Al