2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2015 11:23 AM by rbarbre RSS

Since I upgraded to android 5.0.1 Lollipop on my samsung s4, my slingplayer no longer gets video or audio via slingbox 500. What should I do?

ndelmonte

Since I upgraded to android 5.0.1 Lollipop on my samsung s4, my slingplayer no longer gets video or audio via slingbox 500. Slingbox 500 worked fine prior to the upgrade. It also works fine for slingplayer on  ipad air and on windows 7 laptops and desktops. I have rest the samsung s4 to factory reset but still have same problem. I would like to go back to android kitkat but cannot, unless i root the phone. Slingbox should have an update for their slingplayer on android lollipop by this time. This is very frustrating , especially after spending so much time searching for a solution and having spent so much money on the samsung slingplayer app and slingbox 500.

I used the slingplayer as a media device (as was advertised by slingbox months ago), but they no longer support the media feature. I now have a slingbox 500 that i can use as a bookend!!!!!!