13 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2015 10:21 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Issues

chashocq
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I am having some issues with the remote. After 2 shutdowns due to loss of internet connection and a power outage, Slingbox re-started OK. However, I found I could not change channels or bring up the Guide. Any suggestions on this issue. I will be doing a hard reset to see if this fixes the issue.

My e-mail: charleshocquard@gmail.com

• Re: Remote Issues
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you redid the Configure Inputs routine ?

chashocq

No, not yet. I can’t seem to get connected, thus not able to re-do the configure. A big issue is I am in Chile and my home is in Canada, thus a bit of an issue. The system keeps telling me I have entered the incorrect password, but won’t accept a change.

Charles Hocquard

chashocq@icloud.com

alanrichey42 Master

Which password ?   if it is your Sling account then that is nothing to do with the Slingbox.   If it is the admin password to view the box, then it does sound as though the firmware has got scrambled and you need a factory reset.

chashocq

Seems to be the Admin PW, keeps saying incorrect PW. I changed PW in my profile, OK, however same result when I try to access Slingbox. How is a factory reset different from a hard reset? Have tried the hard reset a few times with no success. Can Slingbox do a factory reset via internet?

Charles Hocquard

chashocq@icloud.com

alanrichey42 Master
                          Seems to be the Admin PW, keeps saying incorrect PW. I changed PW in my profile, OK, however same result when I try to access Slingbox.

The first password is when you log onto the Slingplayer and it shows you your account Slingbox Directory.   Then you select the Slingplayer and at that point it 'may' ask for the admin password.   That applies only to older Slingboxes, the 350/500/M1 don't use that system.

So which password are we talking about ?   What model Slingbox ?

How is a factory reset different from a hard reset? Have tried the hard reset a few times with no success. Can Slingbox do a factory reset via internet?

Same really, it is just a term that Sling use, rather than soft/hard they use reset/factory reset.  A simple tap of the  button simply restarts the box, when you hold the reset button in for 30 secs + it removes all the settings inside the Slingbox and reverts it to just as it left the factory.    And no, a factory reset is a hardware function..

chashocq

See below.

Charles Hocquard

chashocq@icloud.com

alanrichey42 Master

Nothing below ?

chashocq

Normally, I am never asked for passwords. I simply click on Slingbox, it opens immediately to the last channel I was watching when I closed it. Now, I am being asked for passwords. The same result occurs whether  I select “view-only” or when I select “Admin”, the result is “ incorrect password”.

If I purchase a new model (500 seems the best?), can it be set-up and usable if I am out of the country? Or do I have to be at the unit with my laptop?

I am using the Pro HD, activated Dec 2011 / model 103602 / firmware: 2.1.240 / Hardware: 1.5.0My wife has reset (hard reset procedure) 3 times, just holding it in for 10 sec. If we do the 30 sec +, and it reverts back to factory (firmware now 3 yrs old!!), where do I go from there?
                                          alanrichey42 Master

OK, it is the Slingbox then.  But if you do a factory reset then during the initial setup procedure (which your wife must be carrying out) you are told to create a password.   Are you seeing that ?  (Sorry to keep asking questions but you are being a bit economical with your descriptions)   If not then she is not holding the button in long enough.

The firmware will simply update.

The 500 will have to be setup using a PC at that location, but not necessarily the one you use for viewing,

chashocq

Looking back a few days: 1st, I lost the new guide to the right of the screen, then I lost all functions on the remote except for the volume. Perhaps it was only a matter of time before all went to h—.

Charles Hocquard

chashocq@icloud.com