1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 4, 2010 11:35 PM by eferz RSS

Slingbox Pro no longer responsive

SlingPhil

My SlingBox Pro no longer allows connections to the SlingPlayer.  In fact, the network light never goes on, and the ethernet switch port indicator never flashes.  I have tried resetting it, but no lights other than the power light ever get illuminated.  I have tried several power supplies, but there is no difference in behavior.  What do I do?

• Re: Slingbox Pro no longer responsive
          eferz Expert

Make sure you perform the factory reset as prescribed in this article (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005036.html).  Check for the blinking lights as listed in the article.

If they don't blink appropriately, then check the power supply.  Make sure you're using the appropriate one.  On the bottom of the Slingbox there's a label that indicates the appropriate power configuration: voltage, amp, and polarity.

Make sure that this matches the power configuration listed on the AC adapter.  If that still doesn't work you can try a compatible one, but make sure that it matches otherwise you can burn out your Slingbox.  And if that doesn't work, then most likely you'll need a replacement.