26 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2010 11:00 AM by frankyman65 RSS

Always lagging video and audio at home

Dether

So I have been able to watch HD cable on my mac but then about a week back my bars are never able to reach full. I dont know what happened but my internet connection is good. I set the streaming settings to auto and the connection uses like 1mb on auto and can never properly get all my bars which I used to get, I tried inputting manual with a lower bandwitdth but I have the same problem.

• Re: Always lagging video and audio at home
          eferz Expert

Dether wrote:

So I have been able to watch HD cable on my mac but then about a week back my bars are never able to reach full. I dont know what happened but my internet connection is good. I set the streaming settings to auto and the connection uses like 1mb on auto and can never properly get all my bars which I used to get, I tried inputting manual with a lower bandwitdth but I have the same problem.

I would assume that you're using the Slingbox Pro-HD and Web Slingplayer on http://watch.slingbox.com.  You mentioned that your internet speeds good.  However, you talking about about being at home.  Is it safe to assume that your Slingbox and your Slingplayer are in two seperate locations?  Cause if the connection is local then that bit of information would be irrelevant.  Could you elborate more about the network connectivity between the Slingbox and whatever Slingplayer client you're using?

frankyman65

I had the same problem and found this thread. Reinstalling the memory sticks also worked for me!!! Thanks!

(I also guess that it could be a good thing to do once in a while for people with a macbook who find their laptop slower than it used to be).

Thanks again,

Frank

stiwi

I have exactly the same issue with Sling Pro HD, there is no such issue when I connect to Slingbox Classic though...

I just checked that on 3 different setups:

- Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM (OS: Tiger)

- Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 4 GB RAM (OS: Snow Leopard)

- Intel Atom 330 1.6 GHz (Dual core), 4 GB RAM (OS: Windows 7, 32bit)

On all of them the issue is exactly the same as the OP was facing.

Any ideas? Is it due to the lack of GPU acceleration software installed?

However the CPU usage has never been maxed out in those setups. I wound understand this stuttering if the CPU usage would be constantly at 100%, but when it doesn't go over 60%, it is really strange to me.