5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2010 6:47 PM by BrandonC RSS

broadcasting on justin tv help ?

ACC710250

ok soo i have my slingbox HD pro what i want to do is broadcast my stream to justin tv live feed site but how to do this i know theres ppl that do it on there but no one will help me could someone plz help me wit this problem i have and what i need to do to broadcast to justin tv ??

oohh and heres a video this guy tho u could do watch plz

http://www.youtube.com/v/2kQ3D_3Ffcs&hl=en_US&fs=1

• Re: broadcasting on justin tv help ?
          BrandonC Novice

Sounds like to me that they are just running the web slingplayer and broadcasting their desktop. Look for broadcasting desktop.

eferz Expert

Nah, that guy on the youTube video is an idiot.  Obvioulsy, he doesn't know what he's talking about because there are no embed codes when its comes to the Slingbox.  Not to mention he doesn't actually show you how to do it in the video.  Instead he just blusters on about his theory how it could be done.  That's not to say it can't be done.  It's just so obvious that guy is full of hot air.

There's no way to directly stream the Slingbox to Justin.TV.  However, you can stream anything shown on your display to any webcam compatible program.  This includes (but not limited to) Skype,  MSN Messenger, Justin.tv, and Ustream.tv.  The program that allows you to do that is called  mReplay Broadcast and is available here (http://www.mreplay.com/broadcast).

ACC710250

ive got that but it dose seem to work all i get is a white screen plus i would like to stream live feed in HQ on justin tv

eferz Expert

Well, all I can tell you is that it works.  I've done it, and it is not limited to Slingbox.  You can play video games live while streaming.  So, if you're having problems there's something wrong with your computer.  Maybe you need to contact someone from mReplay to help you get it sorted out.  Also, the restreaming quality is only limited to the service which is restreaming your broadcast.

BrandonC Novice

eferz is right it mReplay Broadcast does work but you probably won't get a lot of help on it here.

But you would need a fast computer, fast upload and some special tweaks to get anything close to an HD video. You would probably be better off pointing your webcam at the TV.

For example attached is a short recording done with mReplay Broacast. It's not that great because the computer I was recording from is not that fast.