7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2010 12:19 PM by eferz RSS

Remote not operating

Tripyrenees

I have installed a new Solo unit (I have one Solo already installed on the network) connected to a Sony Sat receiver.  When I first installed it the remote worked well but it has suddenly stopped and whatever code I put in it does not work.  The Sat receiver works with my other Solo unit fine so I am using the same settings.

I have swapped the infrared cable with my other and it makes no change.  I have done a hard reset on the Solo and again no change.  I have the most up to date Firmware 1.3.70 and I am using Slingplayer MAC.

What else can I check to see if it is the solo unit and is there a fix - or am I just out of luck with a duff unit.

Cheers

Ian

• Re: Remote not operating
          eferz Expert

You might want to check if the IR Blasters are functioning properly.  The following articles will help you determine if they are actually workin.

Tripyrenees

Yep - done those.

I know the IR blaster works as I have swapped it out with my other Solo.  It works fine on the other Solo.

I have tried my Sony Sat Receiver as well as my Bush freesat receiver (the bush is not listed but I tried all the codes).

It did work when I first installed it - I then turned it off for a few weeks and now nothing.

Ian

eferz Expert

Tripyrenees wrote:

I know the IR blaster works as I have swapped it out with my other Solo.  It works fine on the other Solo.

That only means that the IR blaster cable is working.  Doesn't test if the the Solo is actually sending anything to the cable.

Tripyrenees

I am getting the red glow on the IR Blaster veiwing through the camera.  I am also getting a response from the Sat Receiver, an LED lights when it receives the signal but no change - It is a Sony VTXS750U.

Could it be Sling player??

eferz Expert

Well, the IR codes aren't actually sent by the Slingplayer.  The remote's IR profile is upload to the Slingbox during the Setup Assistant.  When you press a button on the Slingplayer's virtual remote, it sends a number to the Slingbox.  The Slingbox then sends the remote codes that's associated with that number.

Since you can verify that the IR Blasters are functioning with a digital camera's viewfinder, I can only assume that the Slingbox is sending the wrong IR codes.  I would recommend performing a factory reset of the Slingbox as described in this article (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005036.html).  Then walk through the Setup Assistant using the Slingplayer Desktop as described below.

Slingbox Input Configuration Help

Sony VTXS750U

1. Open SlingPlayer Desktop software.
                            Don’t have it  installed? Get  it here - http://downloads.slingmedia.com/.
                          2. Connect to your Slingbox.
                          3. Choose Settings > Setup Assistant.
                          4. In the Setup Assistant, from the left panel, click "Configure  Video Sources."
                          5. Click the Slingbox input that your device is connected to.
                          6. On the Configure Video Sources page, select Satellite Receiver.
                          7. Enter your zip code.
                          8. Select your service provider, if applicable.
                          9. On the next page, select Sony in  the first dropdown, and VTXS750U on  the second.
                          10. Follow the directions on the next several screens, and click APPLY.