4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2015 4:45 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

error message- won't display content

robbinst
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a Slingbox 500.  When I try to watch ESPN  and some other stations with my iPhone, I'm getting a message that says "Your TV does not support this program's content protection.  Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program."  My TV is already connected to my Slingbox with component cables, so I'm confused.  The funny thing is that just a couple weeks ago, there was no problem at all and I hadn't made any changes.  Is there something that ESPN has done that makes it impossible to watch now?  Perhaps this is some generic error message and has nothing to do with the type of cables? 

• Re: error message- won't display content
          micmac111

Mine is doin the same thing with certain channels , ABC and WGN ???  But all others seem ok -any feedback from anyone yet?

robbinst

I didn’t hear from anyone, but I think I solved the problem.  I was using the component cables to connect from my satellite dvr to my slingbox, but I was connecting  to my tv without any connection to my slingbox.  That is, my tv signal was not coming from the slingbox, but directly from my satellite dvr.  I added an hdmi cable from my dvr output to the slingbox input, then an hdmi cable from the slingbox output to the tv input.  (Basically a “pass through” situation.)  Anyway, that seems to have fixed the problem.  I don’t know why it would matter where the tv actually got the signal from, but it worked and I will chalk it up to the miracle of electronics.  I got the idea from watching the youtube on how to set up your slingbox 500.  Good Luck.

Thad

Mine is doing the same thing.  After doing some troubleshooting I have learned it is the HDMI cable causing the issue.  Turn your TV on and you will be able to sling it via component.  Turn the TV off (the HDMI handshake goes away) and you cannot sling.

Have a escalated request to DirecTV this morning but believe it is SOC being implemented.