1 Reply Latest reply: May 6, 2015 4:52 PM by stanley.sling RSS

chromecast working pretty good now

michaelmoise

I don't know if there was an update to the slingbox 350 or the phone app but now I can pretty much stream for hours with about a 1 sec buffer every 20min.  I have done all the optimization possible (my chromecast is channel 11 only device on 2.4ghz, port forwording on both ends and I have 50mb 14mb xfinity on the slingbox end and where I stream I have 30mb 10up at my home)  Been watching the nba playoffs mostly the worst thing that happens is the slingplayer for phone app forgets it's streaming so I lost control on the phone but everything keeps playing.  Average download speed is 3mb to 6mb max.

• Re: chromecast working pretty good now
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hey Michael,

I checked the info for the Slingbox and it does in fact, look like you've done everything possible to ensure the most optimal connection for your Slingbox. The only recommendation I can really make at this time would be to uninstall and reinstall the SlingPlayer app fresh (just to clear out any possible glitches that could have occurred when you got the latest update).

Could you do the uninstall/reinstall, then reboot the phone and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks,

- Stan