6 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2015 5:14 PM by Joenj RSS

Help with set up

Joenj
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a Slingbox AV that I am trying to set up with Verizon Fio's that uses an Aris set top box I cannot get the infrared to work from the Slingbox to the arris cable set top box. Can anyone please tell me the code to make the arris box work from my Slingbox ?

• Re: Help with set up
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello Joenj,

In order to assist you with finding a virtual remote for your Arris cablebox, we would need to know the EXACT model number for that cablebox.

- Stanley

Joenj

Hi and thanks for responding to me. The make is Aris and the model is IPC 1100P.  Many thanks again.  Joe

Sent from my iPhone

stanley.sling Apprentice

Hey Joenj,

As a matter of fact, the virtual remote selection available in our database for Arris IPC 1100P is the correct code. If the IR blaster from the Slingbox isn't operating the cablebox, check out these articles for some assistance:

Hope this helps!

- Stanley

Joenj

When you say virtual remote what exactly do you mean by that?  and if it's a code how do I enter it on the computer to make the cable box go on and off and change as necessary ?  I don't see anywhere on the computer where I can enter a virtual remote code because I don't know what it is.  on your website for Aris cable boxes it gives it gives several choices and then it says custom code that you can key in manually. but I don't know what that code might be to get the infrared to operate correctly to work the cable box . what would that code be for me to enter where it asks for custom code ? Joe

Sent from my iPhone

stanley.sling Apprentice

The virtual remote is the remote you see on your computer or tablet screen that you use to control the cablebox when you are at away from the home location and are connecting to your Slingbox. You wouldn't enter in a custom code to the Slingbox as the one in our list is already the correct code. To change the remote you need to go to setup.slingbox.com, click "Get Started", connect to the Slingbox, and click on"Configure Inputs".

- Stanley

Joenj

Hi I think you misunderstood my problem.  The TV picture appears fine on my screen of my computer that's not the problem.   the problem is I cannot change the cable box through the computer, because the Slingbox is not synchronized with the cable box.  It must require some type of code to enter to make the cable box respond when the Slingbox tells it to.  Evidently the Slingbox is not sending the correct infrared signal to the cable box that's what I have to figure out and correct . please help me.  Joe

Sent from my iPhone

Joenj

Hello again any three digit code that I enter ,a sign comes up on the computer saying it's an invalid code. What is the number of digits in the code to be entered for the Slingbox to operate the Aris IPC 1100 P2 Cable box set top box and how do I enter it ??? I've been fooling with this now for two solid days and cannot get any code entered. Joe

Sent from my iPhone

alanrichey42 Master

When you are configuring the input you enter a search term such as the manufacturer or your TV provider.   Are you entering 'Aris' ?  I think you will find your manufacturer is 'Arris' (double r).   When you do that does the IPC 1100 come up ?

Joenj

None of the arris codes work. After fooling around with it I finally got it to work using the Motorola other code down at the bottom of the Motorola heading.  When I selected other for codes , four new codes appeared and ironically all four codes work the cable box. The Aris selections never showed the model of that cable box. Thank you , Joe

Sent from my iPhone