4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2011 1:49 PM by billy684 RSS

I can see Video but No Audio from my Cable Channels

alextr

I connected my Slingbox PRO-HD onto the cable antenna in Europe I can view the analog channels without audio. I spoke to my cable provider and I was told that one problem might be that the channels are in PAL-BG format. Is there something i can do?

• Re: I can see Video but No Audio from my Cable Channels
          groeller

hi alex , any chance you can share with me what you did to fix the issue ?

same here - am in austria and connected cable through coax to the hd pro -Y perfect video, no audio.

any assistance is highly appreciated.

thanks david

alextr

Unfortunatly I spend so many hours on the phone with Singbox UK and US and noone could give me an answer, i found eventually in a third party forum that the US is NTFS and will not work! i sold it again on ebay again and bought some time after that a Slingbox from the UK that is now available, but unfortunatly this had similar problem until i choose on the coax selection and then I actually choose Austria as a country (as Cyprus is not listed and Greece and UK would not work with the audio for some reason again!) and antenna analog and it found the channels hopefully it will work next month with the digital channels!

billy684

The Slingbox firmware appears to have some incorrect TV systems associated with some countries on the country list and this generally manifests itself by there being no audio. For instance I have a Slingbox in Israel connected to analogue cable but if I select "Israel" on the country list there is no audio and I suspect it incorrrectly sets the system to I with 5.5MHz audio (while it should be B/G with 5.0MHz audio).