7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 12:09 PM by ranaleon RSS

How can I find my Slingbox Solo using Samsung Ominia II

4JimParker

I have installed SlingPlayer 1.6.  It seems that SlingPlayer 2.0 won't install, it says that my phone doesn't meet minimum requirements.  I don't understand why as it is running Windows Mobil 6.5.

The problem that I have is locating my Slingbox Solo on my Ominia II.  It comes back with message "Unable to connect to Slingbox".  I have never been able to connect but my laptop works just fine.  I have checked the finder ID many times.  I don't know where else to look for things that may cause this situation.  Any ideas on resolution would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: How can I find my Slingbox Solo using Samsung Ominia II
          eferz Expert

Touch Screen WinMo, right?

According to this link (http://www.slingbox.com/go/pocket-pc-devices)

Device Requirements:

To check the operating system version you have  on your Pocket PC device, go to Start > Settings > System Tab >  About.

• To use SlingPlayer Mobile 2.0, Windows phone 6.0 or  later is required
          • To use SlingPlayer Mobile 1.6, Windows phone 2003 SE  or later is required
          • Memory:
            • At least 4 MB to install SlingPlayer Mobile
            • At least 10 MB of available  Program Memory to run it
          • Pre-installed Windows Media Player 9 or Windows Media  Player 10 Mobile (usually available on Windows phone devices)
          • At least 16 gray levels display but 65,536  color is recommended
          • Audio support plus speakers or headphones.  Stereo support recommended
          • Network download speed of 120 Kbps (or  higher)*

* Minimum network download speed of 120 Kbps  recommended. For reference, average download speed for EVDO or UMTS is  upwards of 200Kbps, and 60-100Kbps for EDGE.

On the link above there's a list of the Windows Touchscreen Mobile Phones which are currently supported by the Slingplayer Mobile for Windows Mobile.

4JimParker

Thanks for the reply.  Yes the phone is touch screen, Windows Mobil 6.5, 46 MB storage left where SlingPlayer is currently loaded.  Full phone memory

512MB ROM/208MB RAM and 8GB internal user memory with a 16 GB microSD.  Currently running Media Player Mobil 10 for Pocket PC.  It has a 16M Color AMOLED 3.7" screen.  It has stereo speakers as well as mini phone jack for headphones.  It is running on a 3G network so the network speed should not be an issue.  According to the link, my phone is on the list.

eferz Expert

4JimParker wrote:

According to the link, my phone is on the list.

Weird, I don't understand why you can't install it then.

As for your original issue...

You should check your router's firewall rules.  Usually that's the reason people can connect through one device but not another.  Make sure that both UDP and TCP ports are forwarded to your Slingbox's private IP address.  I've noticed that usually people just forward TCP but forget about UDP.

Another issue could be due to the mobile broadband provider or wifi hotspot.  They could be either blocking or using that port for their own naferious purposes.  You might want to try setting up your Slingbox to use another port, like port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS).  Make sure to update your port forwarding rules, if you do need to make this change.

4JimParker

Thanks so much for your help, I didn't think I would ever see anything on my phone, but it sounds encouraging now with your assistance.  I will try the suggestions you have given and let you know the results.

gtseng

Hello,

I also have an Ominia II & it used to work, but all of a studden a few weeks ago it stoped.  Are you saying that it might be AT&T blocking the service?  Or do I need to do some kind of upgrade of software?  Help.

eferz Expert

You should check your router's firewall rules.  Usually that's the  reason people can connect through one device but not another.  Make sure  that both UDP and TCP ports are forwarded to your Slingbox's private IP  address.  I've noticed that usually people just forward TCP but forget  about UDP.

Another  issue could be due to the mobile broadband provider or wifi hotspot.   They could be either blocking or using that port for their own naferious  purposes.  You might want to try setting up your Slingbox to use  another port, like port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS).  Make sure to update  your port forwarding rules, if you do need to make this change.

Apprentice

Hi, 4JimParker and all.

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

Even though the Samsung Omnia II Mobile device might meet the minimum requirements, it does not mean that the SlingPlayer Mobile application will run on it. Using the link provided by eferz on a previous post will allow you to check the list of supported Mobile devices.

At this point the Samsung Omnia II Mobile device is not included on the supported Mobile devices list and we do not know if it will ever be. We can only encourage you to keep on checking our website at www.slingbox.com for further information. 

Feel free to access this link in order to post your ideas or comments for the SlingPlayer Mobile software for the Samsung Omnia II Mobile device.

About the Enhancement Request Forum in the Slingbox Answers Forum.

Kind Regards,
                      The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team.