3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2015 3:36 PM by Maxcats RSS

My Sling Pro HD was just updated. Can't get it to work on mobile device, but works on my computer.

bobbyklein
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I am completely exasperated! I have  Sling box Pro HD. I've had it for years and it has never given me any trouble. In fact, it still works flawlessly on my computer. However, as soon as I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S4 cellular phone, one of the very first programs I installed on it was the Sling Box Mobile application. It, too, worked flawlessly...no issue with installation, configuration, or usage.

I hadn't used it in months; and then yesterday, I tried opening the program in order to watch something while my regular TV underwent some diagnostics. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to work. I even uninstalled, then reinstalled, the Sling Box Mobile application on my mobile device...to no avail.

For reasons I can't fathom, my Sling Box will not work on my Samsung mobile phone anymore. Every time I try to open the Sling application, it displays a notice that tells me my phone and router are not connected to the internet...but they are. I can send and accept data for all other applications I run on the phone. And the phone itself makes crystal clear voice transmission and reception whenever I accept or place a call.

And if I can do that, my router is working properly. In fact, my router works fine with my computer without so much as a hiccup.

Can any one offer a suggestion or comment as to what is happening, what is causing this, and what I should look for in troubleshooting this issue? I'm at a complete loss as to why Sling Box is displaying this message on my cell phone. The trouble has to be something with my phone; as the recently updated version with the most recent update downloaded directly off of the Sling Box web site is working flawlessly on my computer; just not with my Galaxy S4 cell phone.

Can anyone help; offer a suggestion or comment? I would be much obliged