3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2015 1:24 PM by Rehoboth RSS

Slingbox M1 -- color question

Rehoboth
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Installed as directed  .. problem is the display on laptop and I-Pad is in black and white  -- not color

the cable box is  Motorola  DCT-2224 from comcast.

cables are installed correctly

what can I be doing wrong    ...

• Re: Slingbox M1 -- color question
          alanrichey42 Master

Almost certainly a cable problem.  How EXACTLY are they wired up ?

Rehoboth

OK, here it is

I also need to mention I have no Audio as well. 

Cable box is circa 2006 and has only 5 jacks on the back.

Top row has two jacks labeled Aux Audio and color coded Red  / White

I have connected a Red to Red and White to White on sling Box ( R Audio  / white Audio) .. top row

Bottom row has three jacks   coded Audio Out   .. labeled R ( Red )  ....  L ( White )  ...  Y ( Yellow )

I have connected the Red jack using the red cable to the PR on sling box  - bottom row

I have connected the White jack using the cable to the PB on the sling box  - bottom row 

I have connected the Yellow jack  using the green cable to the Y on the sling box  - bottom row 

My feeling is cable box is too old to deal with the sling box

Rehoboth

I have connected the White jack using the blue cable to the PB on the sling box  - bottom row

corrected for clarification

alanrichey42 Master

>>>I have connected the Red jack using the red cable to the PR on sling box  - bottom row

>>>I have connected the White jack using the cable to the PB on the sling box  - bottom row 

>>>I have connected the Yellow jack  using the green cable to the Y on the sling box  - bottom row 

>>>My feeling is cable box is too old to deal with the sling box

No, you have it wired all wrong.    Don't understand your logic, these connectors are colour-coded for a good reason.  The PR/PB/Y (orange/blue/green) are component inputs and as you say, your cable box does not support that signal format.

>>>>Bottom row has three jacks   coded Audio Out   .. labeled R ( Red )  ....  L ( White )  ...  Y ( Yellow )

Which is the composite output which is supported by the Slingbox.    So you connect Red to Red, White to White and Yellow to Yellow (As I said the clue is the colours )  and then you will get audio and video on the composite in.