2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2015 11:09 AM by cellist RSS

Why are some of my TiVo remote buttons inactive?

cellist
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a Slingbox 500 connected to a TiVo Premiere.  When I use a PC browser to watch some of the TiVo remote buttons are inactive such as I can't access my TiVo recordings because the TiVo button is inactive.  Some other buttons such as the enter button is also inactive.  Why is this and how can I correct it?

Thanks,

Steve

• Re: Why are some of my TiVo remote buttons inactive?
          kim.sling

Hello ,

Sometime if there are certain buttons on the virtual remote greyed out then you can try reconfiguring the virtual remote on www.slingbox.com. You will have to click on settings and then on configure inputs. There you will see the option of where to reconfigure the remote according to the make and model of the Tivo box. If your model number is not listed then you can also try to use a similar model to what you have and a compatible remote should appear. Here is a link that should help.

Slingbox.com - I got a new set-top box, and I can't control my TV now

Best Regards,

Kim

Sling Media Support Team

cellist

Thank you Kim.

I went through the setup again and after trial and error found that choosing the TiVo Premiere remote caused this issue however if I just chose the default remote address 1 remote then all applicable buttons worked.  Odd since I have a TiVo Premiere but in any event they are now working.  Thanks again.

One other question - when I configure inputs I have composite, component and HDMI all hooked up.  I can select either composite or component to configure however it won't let me select HDMI - the icon next to it looks like 2 links of a chain instead of the button to select.  Do you know why I can't select HDMI under configure settings?

Steve

To: STEVE CELLI <s_celli@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:57 PM

Subject: Re:  - Why are some of my TiVo remote buttons inactive?

Why are some of my TiVo remote buttons inactive?

reply from kim.sling in STEVE CELLI - View the full discussionHello STEVE CELLI, Sometime if there are certain buttons on the virtual remote greyed out then you can try reconfiguring the virtual remote on www.slingbox.com. You will have to click on settings and then on configure inputs. There you will see the option of where to reconfigure the remote according to the make and model of the Tivo box. If your model number is not listed then you can also try to use a similar model to what you have and a compatible remote should appear. Here is a link that should help.  Slingbox.com - I got a new set-top box, and I can't control my TV now  Best Regards, KimSling Media Support Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in STEVE CELLI by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Why are some of my TiVo remote buttons inactive? in these streams: Inbox

Ok so the suggestion to reconfigure my remote under settings correct the problem after some trial and error.  I found that choosing the TiVo Premiere remote options caused this issue however if I just chose the TiVo default remote address 1 remote then all applicable buttons worked.  Odd since I have a TiVo Premiere but in any event they are now working.  Thank you Kim.

One other question - when I configure inputs I have composite, component and HDMI all hooked up.  I can select either composite or component to configure however it won't let me select HDMI - the icon next to it looks like 2 links of a chain instead of the button to select.  Do you know why I can't select HDMI under configure settings?

Steve