Thanks for the response. From the sounds of things, there are a couple of different factors that could potentially be impacting your situation. Based on the information you've provided, we can rule out your operating system being too outdated. Current Slingboxes support Windows 7 and up. Do you happen to know the version of Chrome you are using? An outdated browser might cause issues when installing our plug-in. Have you tried using another browser (i.e. Firefox or Internet Explorer)?
I have a few more questions/suggestions for you regarding your home computer and network configuration:
- Is the Windows PC a work or home computer? Sometimes computers provided by employers might have security settings that prevent the installation of unapproved applications.
- Are you the administrator for the computer? A lot of times, if a customer doesn't have the correct permissions set, it will impact their ability to download the plug-in.
- Do you have any firewalls or anti-virus software that might be stopping the download of the plug-in? Try lowering/adjusting network security settings to ensure the download is allowed through your firewall.
- Is there another computer that you could use to connect to your Slingbox? This would help to isolate whether the issue is specific to the computer you are using.
- Is there any error message that you encounter? Or does the download just freeze?
Additionally, here are some support articles that you might find useful in resolving this issue:
- Slingbox.com - What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?
- Slingbox.com - Difficulty installing plug-in on Chrome browser
- Slingbox.com - Windows ActiveX errors when installing the Watch plug-in
- Slingbox.com - Installing/removing browser plug-in for Watch on Slingbox.com
Hope this information helps!
I'm having the same issue.
Windows 7...have tried on chrome and IE....and keep getting the following message: There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again.
However, when I try with the slingplayer on my phone, I have no issue connecting. This wasn't an issue in the past..just started a couple of weeks ago on the same exact computer.
Note..when I use a computer at home (chromebook 2 at home) I have no problem connecting either.