2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2016 8:23 AM by ACC5365902 RSS

Preparing Slingbox update hangs

MsShuffle
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I just installed the Slingbox App on my Samsung Galaxy 5.  It says Slingbox needs  an update. 

The Preparing Slingbox Update screen has been on my TV for an hour now.  What do I do?

• Re: Preparing Slingbox update hangs
          evan.sling Novice

Hello MsShuffle!

Have you tried giving the Slingbox a soft reset (tapping the reset button on the back of your Slingbox), and trying the update again?  If not, that's the first thing I would do if I were faced with this kind of issue.  If that does not work, I would try giving the Slingbox a factory reset, and get it set up again from scratch.  Here is an article on doing a factory reset if you need it:

Hope this helps!

-Evan

• Re: Preparing Slingbox update hangs
              ACC5365902

Alas, there is probably no help for this unless you are still under warranty.  My Slingbox 500 was working for 3 years until I moved and tried to install in the new location. During the set up procedure (not done using a computer, so that was not the problem) it would not recognize that I have a new internet provider and am therefore using new hardware. Therefore I had to do a factory reset as recommended on the Slihgbox support website for such situations. Actually I tried two resets with the same results: it stalls after downloading the update software.  I finally called Slingbox "support".  They acted like I was the first to report this problem. And after customer rep #1 conversed with another rep she told me that they have no solution, i.e. I have a new $350 paperweight.  This company and their products should be totally shunned.