5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2015 4:46 PM by evan.sling RSS

Slingbox is not able to view "My recordings"

RickSzalach

I have a Slingbox 350 hooked up to a Comcast XFinity X1 terminal.  The terminal controls the X1 DVR as it should, and the Slingbox appears to control the DVR through the terminal just fine with one exception.  I'm not able to view "My recordings".  The note on screen under "My recordings" says that I should check the power to all X1 boxes.  I've done this and as proof, all other DVR functions work as designed, with this one exception.  Any ideas from anyone out there?

• Re: Slingbox is not able to view "My recordings"
          evan.sling Novice

Hello Rick!

Excellent question.  Have you had the chance to try to view "My Recordings" using your actual cable box at home?  I suspect the "Check the power to all X1 boxes" is an error coming from the cable box, as that is not an error message that the Slingbox is capable of generating.  I think you may have better luck reaching out to Comcast for support on that error message.

Hope this helps!

-Evan

RickSzalach

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your response in trying to help me! I probably should have been more specific in my problem statement. Yes, checking the DVR and each of the terminals (in particular, the one with the slingbox IR sensor) was the first thing I tried, and therefore isolated it to the slingbox or web connection. Prior to my recent upgrade to the XFinity X1 system, my slingbox worked perfectly, but of course I had to change slingbox settings with the new X1 system. I've also reloaded those settings, but didn't find anything there that seemed like it could be the cause. I'm really at a loss for where to go next on this. It's kinda frustrating. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

~ Rick ~

"In matters of style, swim with the currents.

In matters of principle, stand like a rock."

Sent from my iPad

evan.sling Novice

That would be very strange if the message showed up only under the Slingbox.  Would you be able to post a screen shot of that error message?