12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2016 1:09 PM by henrikna RSS

Canal Digital Cable box ADB 5743 CDX (SLINGBOX SUPPORT, HELP, PLEASE)

ACC6023384
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi.

I have a slingbox 350.

I just got a new tuner from Canal digital called HD PVR 5743 - CDX. I think its the same as ADB 5743 CDX. As soon as the new box was installed, i tried the slingbox. It worked fine, but the remote was not working (from the old Canal Digital box), and it was not possible to find it in the list.

I have search the forum for answer, but found nothing that helped me.

Could Slingbox please get the remote to this box on to their list, so the slingbox is possible to use, or alternative, give me some help to get a remote that works.

This new Canal Digital PVR will soon be the standar they use, so its important that it is been added to the Slinbox list. Or at least give us an idea how to get it working.

I tried a lot of remotes from ADB, Sagem and other PVR, but not any success.

Please help someone.

• Re: Canal Digital Cable box ADB 5743 CDX (SLINGBOX SUPPORT, HELP, PLEASE)
            ACC6023384

I have already read this. I also downloaded the BIN file for ADB 5720, which was the only awailable from adb, and i also read that this should work with the 5743. But it did not work.

So it looks like Slingbox has to get the adb 5743 remote and get it listed.

alanrichey42 Master
                I have already read this.

OK, you obviously missed this bit "...And PLEASE confirm in the body of the posting that you have carried out all the above checks so I do not just redirect you back to this post!..."

I also downloaded the BIN file for ADB 5720, which was the only awailable from adb, and i also read that this should work with the 5743. But it did not work.

That is correct, the 5720 and the 5743 are identical.  You don't seem to have followed the installation instructions properly  (they specifically state "...If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’,..." so I suggest you read them again.

henrikna

Same problem - did you find a remotecontrol - solution?

Henrik

alanrichey42 Master

Apparently so.   Use the Custom Remote I built for the 5720   ADB-5720SX (ITI-5720SX)

henrikna

I am not able to make the 5720-bin file work (today I tried S2012_RV.bin and V2010_RV.bin). I am able to upload the bin file using the "test", but when I try to change channel, the tv-program halts a moment and then continue as if I had not pushed any button. I placed the bin-files both in "C:\" and in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer for Web", uploaded it successfully from both places, but no response (except a second pause in the tv-transmission) when I pushed the channel-changer, numbers for New channels or power buttons on the remote.

I tried to install the bin-files as ADB-custom and as Sagem- custom and as just as nobrand custom, and I tried all the variations "Cable tv Box", "Satelite" and "PVR" on both files. I used reset within the slingbox-program between each attemt to get a fresh start. I use composite, Windows Explorer, win8.1, slingbox 350, Canal digital PVR Box ADB 5743-CDX and I do not understand what instruction I am not doing right. It would be very nice to find a remote on the menu, or a bin-file that actually had an effect on changing the channels. (The buttons on the bottom of the screen which could be used instead of a remote does not work neither.)

alanrichey42 Master

The instructions aare out-of-date on that remote.  use these

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/ 

(And please read them in full, I waste a lot of time with people who haven't bothered)

henrikna

The updated instructions did not help. I had managed the installation of the bin-files OK, I believe. (And I have read through all the new instructions.) I tried all the bin-files again (S2012_RV.BIN and S2012_PL.BIN (Satelite – custom) and V2010_RV.BIN and V2010_PL.BIN (PVR – custom)). With one exception, nothing worked. V2010_PL.BIN allowed me to switch the ADB5743 off and then on again, but unfortunately, no other buttons on the remote worked (I tried most of them). It should not have worked as I am in Spain and my slingbox is in Norway, so it should have been a xxxx_RV.bin file as it said in the previous readme-file you directed me to.

Thankful for any other suggestions, should I try other BIN-files?  – Or could it be that my slingbox-program or something need to be updated? Plugin version: 2.4.0.157   |  Watch version: 4.6.4.4-284⋆

alanrichey42 Master

Well you can't have read them that well    The instructions clearly state:  "...For most devices you will need only the xxxx_PL.BIN file.   The xxxx_RV.BIN file is used for older European Slingbox Solo models. ..."  and the very first words for the 350 are "After obtaining an XXXXX_PL.BIN remote bin file.."   At no point does it mention the RV file.

And I have no idea why you are talking about the V2010 files.   The remote I asked you to install has ONLY S2010 files.    Where did you find the V2010 ?

And you completely ignored the request:  "...If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:"   followed by 12 questions".    I don't see any answers ?

So if you really want me to help, please do as I ask

Al

henrikna

Thank you for responding, Alan! If you are able to help me obtain a functional remote, I would be most grateful.

V2010.. was from the ADB 5720 CDX Zip-file – I tried it as I hoped 5720 would function for my ADB 5743 CDX.

It was a readme-file I got the idea that RV was for European use and PL was for US-use – however, I tried both types.

I do not have any problems installing the files – the remote that appears just does not seem to work on my ADB 5743 – except the on/off function of the V2010.

I see you write S2010 in your response here – the files in the ITI-5720SX-zip file you recommended is called S2012_PL.BIN – would it help me to obtain another file (S2010)? Which zip-file would that be?

1.   What model Slingbox do you have?

2.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)?

No

3.   Did you give the commands plenty of time to react?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

Yes – more than 10 sec. for each of the buttons I tapped at the remote

5.   After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?

None on the S2012_PL.BIN

6.   If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for).  If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster?

I do not know what a blaster is – if it is the normal physical remote, it works fine. I am not at home the next week, don’t know if this is something I can do anything with now.

7.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster?  On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly.  Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.

I do not know what this question is about – I guess I have to be home and look at the ADB 5743 while I push the buttons on the digital remote I install in the slingbox-program. It is probably working since one remote (V2010_PL.BIN) was able to turn ADB 5743 on/off (but nothing else worked)

8.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?

Yes

9.   Are you sure your device is set to use IR ?  Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.

NO – this is something I will look into when I come home.

10.  If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?

I use the original physical remote that came with ADB 5743

11.   Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ?  This has been found to help.

NO – and I will try that also

12.  Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote?  If so let me know.

No

It would be nice to know if any other Norwegian users have been able to use the bin-file with success – Canal Digital has about a million users in Norway, so there should be several other with the same problem.

Best regards,

Henrik

alanrichey42 Master

V2010.. was from the ADB 5720 CDX Zip-file – I tried it as I hoped 5720 would function for my ADB 5743 CDX.

That is where I got confused.  I hadn't realised that I had produced 2 Custom Remotes for the 5720, the CDX and the SX.

I see you write S2010 in your response here – the files in the ITI-5720SX-zip file you recommended is called S2012_PL.BIN – would it help me to obtain another file (S2010)? Which zip-file would that be?

No, you have to understand that there is nothing 'magic' about 2010, it is simply the code I use building remotes.   So there are over 1000 Custom Remotes out there, all using 2010 and all completely different.  (And in case you were wondering why I don't use different codes, there are only 46 to choose fom, so I would have quickly run out).

I do not know what a blaster is – if it is the normal physical remote, it works fine. I am not at home the next week, don’t know if this is something I can do anything with now.

Your Slingbox came with an external; plug-in IR transmitter in case the internal transmitter failed or wasn't strong enough to reach the 5743 box.    I guess yours is still in the original packing box.  I suspect this is where your problem lies, either the internal IR Transmitter has failed or the 350 is too faw away from the box (or the sunshine is too strong and is blocking the IR signal.

9.   Are you sure your device is set to use IR ?  Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.

NO – this is something I will look into when I come home.

Unlikely in your case.

It would be nice to know if any other Norwegian users have been able to use the bin-file with success – Canal Digital has about a million users in Norway, so there should be several other with the same problem.

And there aren't.   Couple that with the fact that those Custom Remotes have been downloaded over 500 times with no-one else reporting a problem, and the fact that the Power button worked on one of the files, which proves the codes are correct, I think we can safely say the problem is with your setup and until you can access the box and check out the IR system, we are stuck.