1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 27, 2015 1:39 AM by AndyK RSS

IS IT LEGAL TO MONETIZE WITH ADS USING OTHER'S CONTENT?

auroraaurora
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I was on the Sling support chat asking about why there are ads...  the person on the chat told me that they provide the service for free and so they can use ads.

I don't know about everyone else... but I PURCHASED the M1...  I also pay for my Verizon monthly cable.

So... where does Sling believe that they're offering a free service that warrants the use of ads?

Also... they are using their Slingplayer Desktop software to package their multiple ADVERTISING links USING OTHER COMMERCIAL CONTENT as the basis for

monetizing on the backs of *EVERY* possible channel potentially available in the world.

This, to me, sounds illegal... 

• Re: IS IT LEGAL TO MONETIZE WITH ADS USING OTHER'S CONTENT?
          AndyK Newbie

"they provide the service for free and so they can use ads" sorry but that statement is pure ****.

The only reason they provide the service is due to how they've coded the software.

TBH I'd rather my sling box didn't need to talk to the slimgmedia servers, being non US based the extra function that they've provided is next to useless.

I've spent a lot of money on the device, the iPad and iPhone app and they now try and gouge more money out of me by imposing paid ads.

I wonder what would happen if one of these paid adds spread a virus !