I may have inadvetently performed this upgrade. I tried to open the desktop player and received a message saying I had to make an adjustment to my system if using Google Chrome. I have been using Google Chrome for quite sometime and never saw this message before. I've tried to download the Google Chrome update and when the process was concluding the message to "accept" or "not accept" the "extension". The "accept" extension was in bolder print as if to say select this option. I did this and now when I try to open slingplayer the process stalls at checking extensions. This process ran overnight while "checking extensions" and never opened the player.