19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2015 6:45 AM by ACC6478749 RSS

NEW VERSION OF ANDROID

xander88

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY SLINGBOX APP ON MY ANDROID HAS NOT BEEN WORKING FOR WEEKS!

ever since I was forced to update my Note 4 I can not use my slingbox.

This is very frustrating as it's march madness right now............

PLEASE FIX THE APP OR UPDATE OR WHATEVER YOU MUST DO

YOUR LOSING CUSTOMERS BY THE SECOND!

• Re: NEW VERSION OF ANDROID
          LRE1464

I upgraded to Lollipop(New android version) on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and now slingplayer connects but no picture no sound. i can see the bit stream data but nothing beside that.

Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello!

We just had a patch come out for the Android application that should have resolved the issues we've been seeing. Could you please do the update and let us know if this is still happening?

Thanks!!

--Samantha

xander88

Working great thanks! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Subject:Re:  - NEW VERSION OF ANDROID

NEW VERSION OF ANDROID

reply from Samantha.Sling in General Questions - View the full discussion

Hello!

We just had a patch come out for the Android application that should have resolved the issues we've been seeing. Could you please do the update and let us know if this is still happening?

Thanks!!

--Samantha

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum      Start a new discussion in General Questions by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum            Following NEW VERSION OF ANDROID in these streams: Inbox

Plomaglio

I have a Samsung 5S and am unable to use the slingplayer.  I get no video or weak signal even though I can go watch it online with another device.  Please help.

kb2tdu

Like everyone, my Note 4 no longer works with Slingplayer Android after the phone updated to Lollipop.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice, including yesterday. It still does not work. Either nothing but a black screen on "connect" or sometimes just audio. Trying to switch quality (to SD for example) usually locks up the app and it has to be force closed. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone.

Please correct this app, it was relatively expensive and I use it on the phone all the time. Or I did.

Thank you.

towncop1978

I've updated the app and still don't get any picture or sound. .. please fix.  Asap

ACC4719136

No sound or video after Android 5.0.1 upgrade. Device, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4. Sling box sw version 2.11.23. Tried uninstall and reinstall via Play store. Error message "Alert connection failed........."

mnogrady

I Have A Note 4 with Android 5.01 and have updated to newest Sling Player in Play Store to Version 2.11.23. Still won't show picture or sound. I can use it on Web on my PC so I know the Sling Box works.

rkeinc

My Samsung S4 Galaxy, using Slingbox 2.11.23, still doesn't work.  I have been unable to use the NEW application for months.  I'm not sure if it is Slingbox or Verizon FIOS.  I can get to Verizon FIOS which always displays "hit the "menu" key to activate your Verizon FIOS" and as soon as I do in the Slingbox app nothing happens so I can't navigate or control anything.  I just see the "hit the "menu" key to activate you Verizon FIOS".

jjhawk

Still not working on my Samsung S4 after latest update HELP!!!!!

ACC5795441 Newbie

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my Samsung Note Edge (SM-N915F, Snapdragon CPU), Lollipop 5.0.1.

Since I upgraded to Lollipop I cannot use anymore the Player.

I am a Samsung guy and I have a number of devices around.

All updated to Lollipop.

My devices that have Exynos CPU work fine (S6 Edge SM-G925I and Note 4 SM-N910U).

The Note Edge (SM-N915F)  it is Snapdragon and not working

At this point, Slingbox team , please try to check if there is something particular about Snapdragon and the problem

ACC6478749

I can't seem to get any control using my Android phone(s) to initiate streaming to either of my two Roku devices (if the phone brand matters, please let me know). I can get it to connect and begin streaming, but then I can't change the channel or do anything else. What happens is shortly after streaming starts, the phone app says some other device is connected and asks if it should kick them off or not. If I answer yes, I get disconnected and streaming stops. If I answer no, streaming continues but I have no remote control of my DVR. There's something really wrong in that implementation. When I use an Android tablet it's an entirely different experience. That dumb question is never asked and an interactive image of the remote for the DVR appears on the tablet screen. I've seen some screen controls on my phone on several occasions (never the interactive image as with a tablet), but those controls are not usually present. The main issue with the Android phone app is that it seems to think the Android phone has a streaming session going on when instead it's trying to initiate and control streaming to one of the Roku devices.

I think it might have been a better idea to make the Roku app interactive and not involve a phone or tablet. It shouldn't be too difficult to come up with some sort of on-screen remote control that appears on the TV and uses the Roku remote instead. In other words, make the Roku Slingplayer app do everything the phone currently has to do and leave the mobile device out of Roku connections. Newer Roku devices (I have one) have a motion-sensing remote that could be used like a mouse cursor with an on-screen UI. Older Roku devices (I have one of these, too) do not have this, so button-only navigation would need to be possible. Roku compatibility is one of the main reasons I bought my Slingbox 500. I wish it worked better.