6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2015 4:03 PM by stanley.sling RSS

OSX Yosemite upgrade issue?

nycharlie2
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I upgraded to OSX-Yosemite on my iMac and my slingbox tv pic now flashes when using remotely on my MacBook Pro.   Is this related to the upgrade?   When my laptop is flashing, if I hit ENTER the flashing stops.  When I returned home, I rebooted the unit and then it did not read the network, so I unhooked and reconnected all the cables.  It read the network but now keeps rebooting continuously.  I've retried all the previous steps 3 times to no avail.  Both lights are on and the main light is flashing.  I'm not very computer literate and appreciate any help you can give this layman.  Thank you.

• Re: OSX Yosemite upgrade issue?
          nycharlie2

Update.... I finally got the unit to stop rebooting, the pulsing light is off and the two lights are on.  I used the SlingPlayer assistant to reinstall all the information and the unit works perfectly on my iMac.  However, once I turn it off and then try to use it later on, the unit will turn on and the picture and sound will come over the iMac for about 3 seconds then the unit turns itself off completely.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I cannot find this anywhere on the web.  Thank you again for any help you can give me.

stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello Alan,

After reading over your post, it sounds like your Slingbox may be experiencing power failure. The best way to remedy this particular issue would be to purchase a replacement power supply unit off of our website (linked below). If you try a new power supply for your unit and still seem to be experiencing the same issue, you can return the replacement power supply within 30-days for a refund. At that point in time, the unit in question may need to be replaced. In order to replace the Slingbox in question, you will want to call in for support options or, purchase a newer model Slingbox from our webstore.

Hope this helps!

Stanley

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

nycharlie2

Thank you for your reply.  It¹s appreciated.  Here is what is happening now.

I have a SB300-100HD.  It gets minimal usage.  When I go to my iMac and

reinstall the slingbox, it works perfectly up to and including when I save

everything.  Then, as I go to watch the slingbox from the iMac, it turns off

by itself.  Do you still think this is a electrical problem or should I look

into buying a new unit?

Alan

nycharlie2

Thank you Stanley.  I purchased a new power cord and my older model Pro HD now boots up and works.  The only issue I have now is when I take the picture remotely on my laptop and enable FULL SCREEN, the screen blinks continuously and I am unable to change the channel until I make the picture smaller on the screen.  I cannot find anything in the database regarding this.  Does this have anything to do with my OS X operating system or have you heard of this before?  Thank you for any insight you can give me.

Alan