17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2010 8:52 AM by codymbuck13 RSS

No Page Up/Page Down for Direct TV on Moto Droid?

beni232

When I attempt to scroll through the guide on Direct TV (on my Moto Droid) there is no page up or down arrow keys in with the "D" pad contol option.  There is only single arrow up/down.  Is there a setting to add the page up/down or is this feature not available yet?  I did however notice I could page up/down in the "Misc" channel up/down keys.  However this is very teadious since you have to close out the control screen to read the guide then bring it back up to scroll to another page.

• Re: No Page Up/Page Down for Direct TV on Moto Droid?
          eferz Expert

I might be able to help you.  However, you'll need to provide some screenshots of your the virtual remote interface for the DirecTV on the Slingplayer Mobile for Andriod.

beni232

Here are all the control screens.  The second image which is the "D" pad only has the single arrow up/down. 

There is no page up/down.  The fourth image the "misc" in the middle is "channel up, channel down".  If I use these I can scroll a full page on the guide.  However, I must close that screen between page scrolls to read the guide then bring it back if I want to continue to scroll which is kind of annoying.

securedownload.jpegsecuredownload-2.jpeg
              securedownload-3.jpegsecuredownload-6.jpegsecuredownload-5.jpeg
                  eferz Expert

Cool.  I'll see if I can build a custom remote file which will show the buttons on your Driod.  Can you check the exact model of your DirecTV box.  I'd like to make sure that the codes I download will be compatible.

eferz Expert

Alan Richey created one earlier for the DirectTV HR23-700 PVR.  Since most of the button codes are similar across DirecTV, I recommend trying it first (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6644).

beni232

I tried the file you suggested but was unable to incorporate it to the Droid.  It works fine for the PC/Mac.  I even tried to directly download it to the Droid but the files are not recognized.  I looked at the read-me file that is included with the download but it was of no use to incorporate it with the Droid.   If you know of any instructions on how to install this on the Droid I will give it another try.  If not anything you can do to add those buttons would be really appreciated.  Thanks for your help and quick responses.

eferz Expert

Actually, that's not how the custom remote files work.  You upload the remote file into the Slingbox with the Setup Assistant from either the Slingplayer for PC or Mac.  Once it is installed, each and every Slingplayer client will interpret how the buttons will be displayed.

It sounds like the functionality of the buttons are working on your PC and Mac.  Though, it sounds like the buttons are still missing from certain screens within the virtual remote of the Slingplayer Mobile for Andriod.  So, I'm going to download that file and make a few modifications with hopes that I can get those buttons to be displayed for you.

eferz Expert

Give this remote file a try, use the same instructions as the readme from the other file.

beni232

I got the file loaded and gave it a try.  Good news is that the page up/down buttons appear.  Bad news is that they don't work correctly.  When I pull up the guide and hit page down...it reverses the video and page up fast forwards the video.  The color coded buttons don't even appear when you choose them on the toggle button.

eferz Expert

beni232 wrote:

I got the file loaded and gave it a try.  Good news is that the page up/down buttons appear.  Bad news is that they don't work correctly.  When I pull up the guide and hit page down...it reverses the video and page up fast forwards the video.

Ah, okay,  The remote file that Alan Richey created has 41 functions.  Unfortunately, none of these functions were labeled "page up" or "page down".  So, I found a more comprehensive file that includes 50 functions.  Neither file had a function labeled "page up" or "page down".

The Slingplayer virtual remote has 81 possible keymaps (buttons), but none of the functions listed were paired with "page up" or "page down" buttons from either files.  On Alan's remote file, the function labeled "advance" fired the same IR  signal as the function labeled "f.fwd/next tract" from the other file.  So, I paired each button to a function, hoping that Page+ and Page -  was "f.fwd/next tract" and "rew (skip back to tick)"

Can you try all the buttons on the remote that I gave you last?  See if there is a button which funtions as the "page up" and "page down".  Some of the pairings might be off as I had to guess at labels defined.

The color coded buttons don't even appear when you choose them on the toggle button.

Sorry, I don't have the Slingplayer Mobile for Andriod.  I'm not sure what you mean.  What toggle button?

---

If you're interested, I attached an excel spreadsheet with a "function"   and a "pairing" worksheet.  This should give you an idea of what I'm   working with while programming a custom remote through the RemoteMaster   Program.

beni232

Sorry that I did not explain the "toggle" button better.  The button to which I am refering to is shown in the second photo.  At the bottom center of the screen you will see a button that contains the four color buttons which are considered "short cuts" on the actual remote...ie the red button is for deleting.  On the Android if you touch this button the four color buttons appear on the right side of the screen replacing the arrow buttons.  The arrow buttons then default to the bottom center of the screen where the color buttons were originally.  So in a sence these two options "toggle" back and forth with each other.

I tried all the buttons and they all work as they are designed.  Again if I go to the "Misc" screen the channel up/down will scroll the guide as does the original VR we are working with now.  The only difference is that on the "Misc" there are several programable buttons but I am not sure what these are intended for.  I will check out the link you sent so I may have a better understanding.

codymbuck13

This file was the closest for what I needed.  Could someone edit the Page Up and Page Down so the codes are the same as Channel Up and Channel Down?  When on the guide, the channel up and down codes work as page up and down.  The channel up and down are listed on the MISC screen, but it is hard to see the guide on the MISC screen.  I want it on the Directional Screen.

Thanks,

beni232

All remotes are the same for Direct TV with one exception.  HD remotes are set up differently than non-HD.  I have my Slingbox connected to a HD box HR22-100.