1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 1, 2010 10:06 AM by banta67 RSS

SLINGBOX SOLO ON HTC EVO 4G?????

MINNESOTAGUY

HELLO HAS ANYONE TRYED IT YET WITH THE EVO PLEASE LET ME KNOW... AND HOW DO U HAVE IT HOOKED UP? WIRED? WIRELESS? S VIDEO???? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME TIPS PLEASE.....

THANKS MIKE

• Re: SLINGBOX SOLO ON HTC EVO 4G?????
          banta67

Hey there you loud guy.

It works great over 3g and Wi-Fi using Sprints EVO.  I am not in a 4G area but can only guess that it would be comparable to Wi-Fi.  You have to get the app for adroid that is available in the app store. $30 frog skins may seem like alot but, it is worth it.  After getting my EVO I tried the ORBLive app (which is $10) but, after trying to get ORB to work and fighting with it for the last 6 years, I give up.

I purchased the SOLO only after I learned there was an app for the EVO. The experience is much better than anything ORB has ever delivered to me, and I liked ORB.

So, the TIP of the day is , just buy the app.  As long as you have 3G going to the EVO, you should have decent to excellent results. Since Sprint is charging us an extra $10 a month, you might as well use it.  This is one excellent way to do just that. I have been very happy with combination so far, and it can only get better.

Hope this helps.