2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2010 8:40 PM by Wifiguy89 RSS

Connecting Slingplayer Wirelessly

Wifiguy89

I just bought a wireless adaptor for my Tivo. Since my slingbox is connected to my Tivo can it use the wifi connection to do it's thing? If not, what is the best product to purchase to get it to run wirelessly, my router is upstairs and don't want to run cables all the way upstairs, thank you.  I don't want a proprietary solution like the Tivo but I hear that gaming adaptors can do the trick. Maybe someone can help me find an inexpensive one that works. Thanks. 

• Re: Connecting Slingplayer Wirelessly
          eferz Expert

Wifiguy89 wrote:

I just bought a wireless adaptor for my Tivo. Since my slingbox is connected to my Tivo can it use the wifi connection to do it's thing? If not, what is the best product to purchase to get it to run wirelessly, my router is upstairs and don't want to run cables all the way upstairs, thank you.  I don't want a proprietary solution like the Tivo but I hear that gaming adaptors can do the trick. Maybe someone can help me find an inexpensive one that works. Thanks. 

You can use WiFi but the added latency might not give you the best performance.  A direct hardwire connection is recommend above all, or using a Powerline Adapter is second best.  I'd recommned the Belkin Gigabit Powerline Adapater or the SlingLink Turbo.