1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 16, 2015 11:14 AM by Samantha.Sling RSS

What's with slingbox support? And a slingbox setup question

banjomensch
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I can't get to the slingbox website directly -- have they shut down support? www.slingbox.com returns with "site not available."

I sent a help ticket to the sling tv people, and they thought I was trying to watch sling tv via the slingbox, which wasn't the idea at all.

Also: I have a slingbox Model SB300 attached to my wife's tivo. The object of this is to let her watch Tivo in a separate room via the Roku Sling viewer.

But the sling viewer doesn't see the Sling box.

And the box itself has the following lights:

Power, on

Network, on

Sling symbol: On, but slowly pulsing.

I could do with an instruction manual, but with slingbox.com down, no luck.

I guess everything is sling tv now?

Thanks,

/john

• Re: What's with slingbox support? And a slingbox setup question
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hey John,

SlingTV is actually a separate service all together; a streaming program through Dish. Nothing to do with Slingbox itself. I'm not sure why this isn't letting you access Slingbox.com; I just attempted to access the page and it just loaded up without a problem. I would make sure your browser is up to date and try to clear the cache and cookies.

As for the Roku player; the SlingPlayer channel doesn't actually stream, just allows you to mirror the stream from another device. You have to have the SlingPlayer on a mobile device of some soft (for example, SlingPlayer for iPhone); once this is on the same network as the Roku and you have the player open, you should see what looks like a little box with a Wi-Fi symbol inside it. When you click this,  it will give you the option to stream on the device or on the Roku.

I hope this helps!!

--Samantha