3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2015 3:41 PM by Samantha.Sling Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Pro HD problem

Husker37

My network light and power light are lit up on my sling box but I'm unable to connect to it.  I recently got an upgraded modem from comcast xfinity and was wondering if this may have something to do with it??

• Re: Pro HD problem
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello Doug!

Generally, the Slingbox models have no problem with any sort of router. You will need to make sure that you have this set to 2.4ghz though; a lot of the newer models are set to 5ghz. At this time, the Slingbox is only fully compatible with 2.4ghz. If this is set to 2.4ghz, I would also go through and try a hard reset. You can use the steps in this article to do so:

I hope this helps!

--Samantha

Husker37

I did a hard reset and went through the steps to reconfigure.  The good news is..it worked..partially!  The bad news is...there is no sound and the video quality is not that good and in black and white instead of color.  Please advise what may be wrong. Thanks, Doug 

To: Doug Welniak <dsdrt@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 10:33 AM

Subject: Re:  - Pro HD problem

Pro HD problem

reply from Samantha.Sling in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussionHello Doug! Generally, the Slingbox models have no problem with any sort of router. You will need to make sure that you have this set to 2.4ghz though; a lot of the newer models are set to 5ghz. At this time, the Slingbox is only fully compatible with 2.4ghz. If this is set to 2.4ghz, I would also go through and try a hard reset. You can use the steps in this article to do so:   

- Slingbox.com - How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

I hope this helps!--Samantha

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Pro HD problem in these streams: Inbox

Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hey Doug,

What kind of cables are you using with your Slingbox setup? Generally when we see poor video and no audio, it could be as simple as making sure the red component cables aren't crossed over (the audio one in the video slot and vice versa).

Please let me know and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

--Samantha