2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2015 5:38 PM by iwhitmore RSS

New sling player on MacOs 10.10 overscan in full screen mode

iwhitmore

Since the Slingplayer plugin was updated a few days ago, the full screen mode vastly overscans, leaving parts of the picture off screen on left and right and a larger amount off the bottom of the screen. The resolution looks poorer too, possible because of a mismatch with the native screen resolution (1920x1080) due to the overscan. Altering the settings for zoom and aspect either make no difference or enlarge the image even more. How can I get back to the previous normal fullscreen display?

MacOs 10.10 Safari 8.0.3 Slingplayer plugin  3.3.20.505 Slinging from a sling box pro and a 350 in different sites, but with the same problem.

Ian Whitmore

• Re: New sling player on MacOs 10.10 overscan in full screen mode
          ferguspa Apprentice

My configuration (which matches OS X version, Safari version, and SlingBox 350, but differs by my computer having SlingPlayer Plugin 3.3.20.540) works correctly.

1) Are you sure you're not on SlingPlayer Plugin for OS X 3.3.20.540? I doubt you'd be able to stream if you weren't. See Help -> Installed Plug-ins... in Safari.

2) Is it possible the video zoom/aspect settings on your home cable/satellite receiver have been changed?

3) Is it possible to have your home cable/satellite receiver change what resolution it's outputting? e.g. maybe this is specific to 1080i versus 720p. (note my DirecTV HR24 receiver is outputting 1080i over component)

• Re: New sling player on MacOs 10.10 overscan in full screen mode
              iwhitmore

Thank you for the feedback.

I have now uploaded 3.3.20.540 and the problem remains the same.

I don't think it is the source as my two sources are in different countries, with different sling boxes (350 and Pro). I know that the settings on the cable/satellite receivers have not changed, nor the connections. The only item to have changed recently is the SlingPlayer Plugin.

The 350 is fed by component from a Comcast Box which is simultaneously feeding 1080i to the television.

The Pro box is fed with s-video and is of course lower resolution, although Standard Resolution is higher in Europe (625). However the picture from the Pro has also deteriorated since the SlingPlayer update.