2 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2015 8:14 PM by cjkrolak RSS

Sling box won't connect to Rocu

ACC6218908
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Can't seem to connect via sling box to Roku using iOS or android phone. Roku device selection has triangle with exclamation mark inside.  Reinstalled sling box on both the Roku and phones still can't connect. Can someone provide a solution to this problem?

• Re: Sling box won't connect to Rocu
          cjkrolak

same problem here, tried multiple android/ios devices, multiple Roku, multiple slingboxes.  Have you figured out a solution to this issue yet (or specifically what's causing the triangle)?

• Re: Sling box won't connect to Rocu
              cjkrolak

My issue is resolved (finally), found the answer someone else posted on a different thread.  If your slingplayer app is too far down the list of installed Roku apps (mine was at around 150) then apparently the slingplayer app on your phone doesn't think slingplayer is installed on the Roku and keeps trying to install it.  The solution offered was to move the slingplayer app up in the list of Roku apps, this worked for me as well.  I moved it up to app #1 (using the star key on the remote) and the triangle changes to a checkbox and streaming now works.