3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2010 1:04 PM by eferz RSS

Default I. P. Address of Slingbox?

Don13

I have a slingbox (SB240-100) that worked fine until my router died.  The signal goes from my DSL Modem/Router to a DLink DIR 601 router with the wireless turned off.  My network has a third octect of 1 (192.168.1.XXX)  The WAN part of the router has an I. P. Address of 192.168.1.20 which does ping from computers on the main network.  The Dlink LAN side has a third octect of 2. On that sub-net reside a TiVo and the SlingBox.  At one time I found the TiVo on 192.168.2.101 though I can't find it there now.  I reset the Slingbox to factory default but I can't find it on the network.  I set the network to DHCP one time and static one other time.  How do I find and get into the slingbox so I can give it a static I.P. so I can direct a port (5001) to it?

Thanks.

Don

• Re: Default I. P. Address of Slingbox?
          eferz Expert

Make sure you follow the instructions (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-1000038) for the Slingbox when  you perform a factory reset.  I don't believe the Slingbox falls back to an IP address if it fails to get a DHCP address.  So, you'll have to enable DHCP service on your router long enough to be able to configure theSLingbox via Setup Assistant to assign a static IP address.

• Re: Default I. P. Address of Slingbox?
              Don13

Thanks.  That was a great answer and it enabled me to get into the slingbox and change the way to get in on the LAN side.

My 2Wire router shows that the slingbox has a public address of 98.66.192.254 and the port of 5001 is enabled on both the DLink Router and the 2Wire.  The 98.66.192.254 pings from any computer on the (third octect 1 network... the sling box is on the third octect 2 network)  I tried both with a static IP for the slingbox on the 2wire router and also with a DHCP.  Neither produced results.  I also tried both with the DMZ off and on.  I'm wondering if I should just put a switch in instead.  It would make things a lot simpler.  Will that work?  Any other ideas? I've included a handwritten scan of the set up.  I'll be gone till after the 4th.  He who has a 5th on the 4th may not go fourth on the fifth.

Thanks.

Don