4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2015 9:54 AM by d0nwhit RSS

Slingbox hangs trying to connect to my slingbox.

d0nwhit
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have the M1 at home.  Using Windows 2007 Home on my laptop.  It's been working for years and then just stopped. I get to "connecting to xxxxx's slingbox" and never gets any further.  I figured out that 1) Slingbox iPhone app connects and works just fine so my box at home is good, 2) if I log on to a different userid it works so the problem is confined to a specific userid.  I've been using it on that userid up until 2  days ago.

Ideas please,

Don

• Re: Slingbox hangs trying to connect to my slingbox.
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello Don,

This may sound like a silly suggestion, but have you tried to uninstall and re-install the Desktop Player? It is possible that your User ID is cached into the Player incorrectly, which could be why you're only seeing this for your specific user id.

Please let us know if this helps!

--Samantha

d0nwhit

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for contacting me.

I've been watching Slingbox in the past using the FireFox (FF) browser and have concluded it has something to do with the browser. Slingbox works under the same userid (non-admin) with the Windows Internet Explorer. I bought the iTunes App for my iPhone 4S and it works fine there also.  So I'm convinced it's not an problem with my home setup.    In FF have tried clearing the cache and removing and reinstalling the plug-in, no help.  It just won't work anymore in FF which is my primary browser.

I don't know what you are talking about when you refer to the Desktop Player.

Can you shed some light on the Desktop Player?  Any ideas what's up with FF?

Don

To: Don Whitlow <d0nwhit@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Subject: Re:  - Slingbox hangs trying to connect to my slingbox.

reply from Samantha.Sling in Don Whitlow - View the full discussionHello Don, This may sound like a silly suggestion, but have you tried to uninstall and re-install the Desktop Player? It is possible that your User ID is cached into the Player incorrectly, which could be why you're only seeing this for your specific user id.  Please let us know if this helps!--Samantha

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Don Whitlow by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Slingbox hangs trying to connect to my slingbox. in these streams: Inbox

Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello Don!

The Desktop Player is the only 100% compatible program for the Slingbox M1. It actually isn't supposed to work within the browsers at all, so I am a little surprised it is working in them at all. If you follow the link below, it will take you to the Downloads page. Could you please try the Desktop Player for me and see if the issue persists?

--Samantha

d0nwhit

Hi Samantha,

The Desktop Player works well, much better than within a browser.  I do notice that the player window does not like to be moved though.  I have dual monitors and if I move the player is seems to hang, l have to close and restart.  Otherwise works great. 

Thank you,

Don Whitlow

To: Don Whitlow <d0nwhit@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 3:44 PM

Subject: Re:  - Slingbox hangs trying to connect to my slingbox.

reply from Samantha.Sling in Don Whitlow - View the full discussionHello Don! The Desktop Player is the only 100% compatible program for the Slingbox M1. It actually isn't supposed to work within the browsers at all, so I am a little surprised it is working in them at all. If you follow the link below, it will take you to the Downloads page. Could you please try the Desktop Player for me and see if the issue persists?   

- Slingbox.com - Slingplayer Apps

--Samantha

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Don Whitlow by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Slingbox hangs trying to connect to my slingbox. in these streams: Inbox