8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2017 3:01 PM by POWERMIKE RSS

SELog.txt

tgwaste

Slingplayer is creating this empty file on the root of my sd card.  how do i get this to stop or atleast specify a path?  very annoying.

• Re: SELog.txt
          Apprentice

Hi, tgwaste.

We've never heard of this issue or of this log file being created by SlingPlayer Mobile for Android. Just to be clear, this is in no way affecting the functionality of the application, correct?

Make sure to provide as much information as possible.

Regards,
          The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

tgwaste

droid2..  no this doesnt interfear with operation but its definately being generated by slingplayer.

Apprentice

Hi, tgwaste.

We have some new information for you. We recommend you to verify if the "Help Improve SlingPlayer Mobile" feature is turned on. If you do not know how to access it, just go to "Settings", tap on "Privacy Policy" and turn off the "Help Improve SlingPlayer Mobile", deleting the .txt file and reboot the Mobile device.

Keep in mind that this feature is intended to improve the products only. It is not associated with any personally-identifiable information.

Let us know how it works for you!

cammn

I also see this 0k SELog.txt on my rooted Droid 2 (still stock 2.2 blur) SD card.  For unknown reasons, this file actually freezes my phone when it locks.  I opened it and added a couple characters to it so it wasn't 0k anymore and that solved the lockup problem.

I upgraded to 1.3 the other day and it recreated this file as 0k and locked up my phone again.

I actually returned my phone for replacement thinking it was a hardware issue with the SD card slot.  When the problem persisted, I spent hours figuring out what was ON the SD card that was freezing my phone.  Something in the background scanning my SD card (probably a media scan for new songs) chokes on this 0k file.

POWERMIKE

edge 7. slingplayer generated an 8GB log file. I deleted it but it really messed with my phone. hard to identify it as the problem. turned off "help slingplayer". hope it solves issue.