1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2015 10:43 PM by ACC5695720 RSS

New Slingplayer comes with adds - how can I stop this

rsebus
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi,

the latest version of the sling player comes with adds showing stupid advertisings. This new "feature" really disturbs me a lot and I understand, what they are doing. But I don't want this. Taking into account, that I've played for the sling box - I don't accept this.

So - what can I do to get rid of it? Is there a trick?  can I pay for the player to get it free? so what is the deal?
      I am very close to look into alternatives to sling box and put my box into the trash can!

Is unacceptable.

Anybody an idea?

• Re: New Slingplayer comes with adds - how can I stop this
          ACC5841837

The browser based Slingplayer gets worse with every update. The advertising has become more intrusive and now occupies more screen space than the actual streaming image. I assume this is Sling's way of generating revenue to offset their service costs. I assume at some point they will offer a paid service plan that enables users to skip all the advertising. Until then I guess we will have to live with their attempt at taking advantage of their UI surface by ******* off users with unwanted advertising.

It would be awesome if some developer would create a new PC browser Slingplayer version that does not include advertising panels.

• Re: New Slingplayer comes with adds - how can I stop this
            ACC5695720

1. Run No Script.  The result is absolutely NO ADS!

2. Have you tried the Popup Player option located at the top right with a rectangle icon.  This takes the video OUT of the browser tab and opens a separate WINDOW with minimal interface and can be resized for placement on your desktop.  Do the ads still appear in the Popup Player?