5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2015 10:05 AM by donaldrankin Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Pro HD Stopped Working

ryanaaron

I have had a Slingbox Pro HD since 2010 and it has worked completely fine for four years. All of a sudden, it cannot be accessed at all and seems to no longer work. The power and network lights are both on and not flashing. I have tried resetting the Slingbox, and it still does not work. I have tried connecting to it both at home and away from home on multiple devices, and no matter what I do, I cannot connect to it. I went to setup.slingbox.com to try and set it up all over again, but I got an error message reading, "There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall and router allow access." The Slingbox is connected to my router directly via an Ethernet port, and all other devices with a wired or wireless connection do not have a problem connecting to the network. What can I do to resolve this issue?

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD Stopped Working
          alanrichey42 Master

Can't guarantee it will work but getting a new power supply will often cure this sort of problem.  

Husker37

I have the exact same problem. One thing I am wondering is if my new xfinity (comcast) modem has anything to do with it?  Did you upgrade your modem by any chance?

jnovakiii

Slingbox sent me a new power supply for my PRO-HD, contrary to their opinion,  that did nothing for the problem.  Tech support was no help and one said guy buy a new M1.  WOW, they have really gone down hill fast.  I get my HD Pro to work for about 1 minute, then bit rate drops to zero to maybe 112kb and nothing - frozen brick.  It is worthless now and slingbox seems to be happy with that status.  Not sure if Comcast's new Xfinity service is part of the problem, but either way, no one seems to have an answer.  If anyone out there can help, please let me know.  I can't see buying a new M1 when they can't get the HD Pro working.  More wasted money on hardware and tech support that knows nothing!  Just my opinion, but once the hardware is out of warranty, they are only interested in selling tech support packages, not fixing issues.  Heck, they don't know how to fix it, but are skilled at billing your credit card. 

donaldrankin

Same problem here, it was working fine when I left home, but now that I was forced to upgrade to 3.3.20.565-3 dmg it does not work, plus my Slingbox Pro HD shows out of warranty.  I bet this was an action to force me to spend money on a new Slingbox.

Does anyone know how to reinstall the old Plugin?

donald