0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2015 9:42 AM by Tipster1947 RSS

Tips, Tricks and Secret Commands

Tipster1947

I am a new user of Slingplayer desktop on a Windows 7 computer connected by HDMI to a 40" flat screen TV. I had no luck with Andorid to ROKU (another post coming).

I discovered by trial and error that if you set TV input to HDMI BEFORE connecting computer, the computer figures out correct screen settings and all works fine.Computer screen goes dark and you can still use keyboard and mouse. I set the computer on a stand under the TV and control everything with a mouse. At first I used mouse to "push" buttons on virtual remote, but that is rather clumsy and is difficult to see from 9' away.And toggling from large screen to full screen is a pain.

HERE'S WHERE SLING PLAYER INSTRUCTION AND SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE:

Only withn discussions with a old time user of slingbox did i discover the following tricks:

1. You can toggle between full screen and large screen (with controls) by double left clicking near bottom of screen.

2. You can remove virtual remote and use controls at bottom to do everything on DVR  but you need eagle eyes to see things.

3. Controls at the bottom can be toggled using tiny button at the left side between usual player controls (Play,pause, Stop, FF,Reverse, skip forward, skip back (little circles with arrows like coiled snakes)) and cursor arrows plus OK .

So if you want to watch a recorded show you start it using cursor arrows, switch to player menu, click play, double click to full screen, double click again when commercial appears, click skip forward and double click again back to full screen. All the while, getting up to see tiny buttons on big screen unless yoiur wife's vision is better than yours.

SO, WHAT OTHER SECRET CONTROLS ARE YOU HIDING FROM US, MR. SLING?