11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2015 3:54 PM by adezurik RSS

Pro HD TiVo Remote Not Showing

PeteMcW

My Pro HD stopped working and I had to reset it back to factory default.  I can see the TiVo in the player again, but the remote is the generic Slingbox remote.

I've gone through a bunch of the threads here, but so far I haven't found one to tell me how to get the TiVo remote back so I can get into my recorded shows.  I'm connected to a Premiere, but I was using the TiVo 3 remote before which was fine.  But if there's a newer remote available, that would be great.

Thx

• Re: Pro HD TiVo Remote Not Showing
          alanrichey42 Master

Sling decide which image to attach to each remote file, so you must have selected a different Tivo box the second time to the one you originally used.  So you could try some other Tivos.    If you still cannot manage it tell me which device you are using and what the remote looks like and I can try and build you a Custom Remote with the correct image.

PeteMcW

As I said, I have TiVo (US) boxes.  Granted someone builds the box for them, but I have a true TiVo Premium and Roamio from TiVo, NOT a TiVo unit provided by a Cable company.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure the TiVo remote which TiVo provides is pretty generic.  My old TiVo HD remotes will control the Roamio and although I haven't tried it, odds are the Roamio's remote would control the HD if I powered one up.  So what box I have is pretty much irrelevant to my need here.

If you know how to get ANY TiVo remote to show up in my Slingbox, that's what I need to know.

alanrichey42 Master
                Having said that, I'm pretty sure the TiVo remote which TiVo provides is pretty generic.

Unfortunately not true.  95% of them are common, but for some odd reason each Tivo model uses a different code for the 'Tivo' button, so we might have to resort to trial and error

Here is my first attempt (although I have to say when I set my Slingbox and searched on Tivo and selected Tivo Premier I got the correct image)

Any good ?

PeteMcW

So the fix for the Roamio is actually very simple.  The problem is with Slingbox's really bad installation instructions....

If you have the latest software, rather than choosing from the list, you actually type in TiVo Roamio and you end up with the latest TiVo remote.

Sure wish they'd just put that in the Knowledge Base so that we don't have to deal with guesses as to how to fix what should be a simple issue.